Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with honest opinion.

In March 2016, I went to The Makeup Show LA 2016.

Here are the products I received at the Blogger Preview. I already reviewed MustaeV Maxi Volume Mascara (top middle) and Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Lip in Rust (top right).
I took this picture from my Instagram. I also bought some products from The Makeup Show LA. I already reviewed Make Up For Ever Artist Lip Blush in Exalted Rosewood (bottom middle), Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter in Sin (middle), and Kat Von D Everylasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow (top left).
I got multiple products from Kat Von D either through Blogger Preview or products I bought. I already reviewed Kat Von D Everylasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow (bottom left). For this post, I will review the liquid eyeliner on the bottom right.
Product Review: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at katvondbeauty.com
Price: $20 for 0.55 mL/ 0.019 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website:
LINE IT LIKE YOU MEANT IT

Nothin', we mean nothin', makes whipping out a killer Kat Eye easier than Tattoo Liner. This brush-tip liquid liner is the magic wand of makeup. Kat uses it every single day, and we really aren't sure how we would get along without it;)

Why, you ask? The highly pigmented, 24-hour-wear formula is waterproof and transfer-resistant. That means those lines aren't goin' anywhere...Insane days and sleepless nights can't touch our Kat Eyes!

The precision brush tip is the key to super-fine lines. No less than 325 flexible bristles come together in a tight, crisp point, ready to unleash invincible lines. The supple, saturated brush glides across lids in silky, smooth strokes, making Tattoo Liner the ultimate tool for both makeup newbies and beauty pros alike.

We often marvel at how amazing it is that a teeny-tiny tip can contain so much possibility-wings, fine lines, detailwork...we could go on all day! Choose from raven-black Trooper or rich, chocolate Mad Max Brown for all your Kat Eye needs!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When it comes to liquid liners, I'm extremely picky. I prefer matte, dark line than shiny. For that reason, I tend to use gel liners. I decided to give this a try after constantly hearing how great this product is.
Here's a closer look at the tip of the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the liner on my hand.
Here's how the eyeliner looks on me.
Here's how it looks open.
Here's how it looks at a different angle.
Here's an overall look. I have Smashbox X-Rated Mascara in Rich Black on the lashes, MustaeV Cheeky Chic Blush in Floral Glow on the cheeks and Nature Republic Real Gel Tint in Pink on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. I'm not too sure what the smell is but it's very refreshing. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's easy to grab with the dominant hand. It actually feels like you're holding a pen which in reality you kind of are. Not only that, the design is cute. I love the flower designs and it stands out from other liquid eyeliners. I have several in a cup on my vanity table and I can distinguish this one easily. It also comes with a sturdy top. It will not open unless you manually pull the top off. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. I cannot see it break or open unless you are rough with the packaging. The most useful part of the eyeliner is the fine tip applicator. I have one liquid eyeliner and strangely the tip got wider with each usage. It got so wide to the point it was hard to have a distinctive line on the eyes. Thankfully, this eyeliner does not do that. The tip is dense and have not budge. It's also easy to use, comfortable, does not tug on the lids, and it just glides on. Since it has such a fine tip, it makes a straight thin line. If you want, you can thicken the line by using more pressure. Third, the consistency is medium. There are liquid liners that are so thick it's hard to draw a line, as well as, liners that are thin and runs all over the place. This is a great consistency. I recommend starting from the center of the lids to the ends. Then from there go in the inner corners. Before you apply the liner, you need to shake it. It gets really saturated. When I first started, I started on the inner corners and the liquid ran under the skin to the eye ball. It wasn't a pretty sight! Of course, I learned my lesson. With that said, it's pigmented and black. I love black eyeliners! The only reason why I don't like liquid liners is the texture. They tend to be shiny and I feel like it looks bad with my shiny eyeshadows. The matte black eyeliner tends to look better with the shiny shadows. That's just my personal opinion. This isn't completely shiny but it's semi. Lastly, it lasted all day without smearing, smudging, and fading. Once it dries, it's set and will not budge. It says it's waterproof but I cannot guarantee that. I didn't test this product under water. All I could tell you is that once the swatch dried on my hand, it wouldn't budge whatsoever no matter how hard I rubbed on the product. It's easy to remove with makeup remover. It's a good eyeliner but I wish it was more on the matte side.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Easy to grab.
* Cute design.
* Well-made, sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Fine tip applicator.
* Dense, soft applicator.
* Easy to use.
* Comfortable and does not tug on the lids.
* Glides on.
* You can make thin to thick lines.
* Medium consistency.
* Pigmented.
* Black.
* No smearing, smudging, and fading.
* Waterproof.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Semi-shine texture.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kat Von D products reviewed/swatch:
Everlasting Liquid Lipstick
Bow N Arrow
Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick
Bachelorette
Coven
Gold Blooded
Halo
NaYeon
Noble
Sexer
Wolvesmouth

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...