Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Jesse's Girl Fluid Shadow

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

About a month ago, I was fortunate and received the whole line of Fluid Shadow from Jesse's Girl.

Product Review: Jesse's Girl Fluid Shadow in Destiny, Meadow, Enchanted Forest, My Blue Heaven, Midnight Sky, Twilight, Royal Orchid, Purple Haze, Gold Dust, Snowflake, Penny Arcade. and Rose Bronze (top to bottom)

Where to purchase: Rite-Aid and online at jessesgirlcosmetics.com and amazon.com
Price: $4.99 for 0.24 oz/ 7 g

Made in USA

Description from the website: This lightweight can be used as an all over eye shadow or along the lash line as a brilliant liner.

For eyeshadow application, apply only on the mobile eyelid for optimal drying without transfer. Keep your eyes closed for a few seconds after application. For liner application, use the brush to line the eyes with color along the lash line.
Ingredients:
Water, Acrylates copolymer, phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, PVP, Cellulose, Hectorite, Pentyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Polyethylene Glycol, Pyroolidone 2.
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Carmine, and Chromium Oxide.

Thoughts: When I received an email that I'm receiving these products, I was stoke. They're gorgeous, bright, and it intrigued my curiosity.
Here's a closer look at Destiny.
Here's a closer look at Meadow.
Here's a closer look at Enchanted Forest.
Here's a closer look at My Blue Heaven.
Here's a closer look at Midnight Sky.
Here's a closer look at Twilight.
Here's a closer look at Royal Orchid.
Here's a closer look at Purple Haze.
Here's a closer look at Gold Dust.
Here's a closer look at Snowflake.
Here's a closer look at Penny Arcade.
Here's a closer look at Rose Bronze.
Here's a closer look at one of the brush. This is Destiny.
Here's a swatch of the Fluid Shadow from left to right; Destiny, Meadow, Enchanted Forest, My Blue Heaven, Midnight Sky, Twilight, Royal Orchid, Purple Haze, Gold Dust, Snowflake, Penny Arcade. and Rose Bronze.

Now for looks I did with some of the Fluid Shadow...
Look #1:
I have Fluid Shadow in Destiny on the lid. I blended out with Milani Eyeshadow in Bella Espresso on the crease and outer v.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Flirt Chicksticks For Lips Duo Kit, Pauly and Franky on the lips.

Look #2:
I have Kate Eye Shadow in BR-1 on the eyes then line with Fluid Shadow in Royal Orchid.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with SeneGence LipSense in Bombshell on the lips.

Look #3:
I have Kate Eye Shadow in BR-1 on the eyes and Fluid Shadow in Snowflake in the inner corner. It's most noticeable on the bottom corner.
Here's an overall look with SeneGence LipSense in Nude on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. I cannot distinguish the smell because it's so light. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's small, sturdy, and easy to grab with your hand. All the Fluid Shadow have the same shape and size so it's easy to store. Thankfully, you can distinguish them apart easily with the see through packaging. The packaging also has a tight seal. It will not open unless you manually open it. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. With that said, they all come with a brush in-between medium to thick thickness. Some people might not like it and some might. Honestly through trial and error, I ended up using my fingers and brushes. For that reason, I didn't mind the width of the brush. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not thick that it's hard to work with. It's not thin that it's running all over the place. It's a good consistency. To be honest, I read the direction before using this product just to make sure I didn't make a mistake. In my head, I thought it'll be hard to work with but it's not. It's extremely easy! For the eyeshadow, I used my fingers. I patted the color on the lids. It was easy, spread smoothly, and dried extremely fast. For the eyeliner, I learned through trial and error. I actually used the brush that came with the Fluid Shadow. It drew a nice line but there was a thick layer. It made it hard to line on top of it with a black eyeliner. I don't know if the type of eyeliner makes a difference but a liquid eyeliner was a big no no. I realized it'll be easier to line with my own brushes than using the brush that came with the Fluid Shadow. For the inner corners, I used my own brush and it went on easily. It left a nice shiny, white silvery shadow. I loved it! Fourth, the colors are great all year round since you have a choice of twelve colors. It ranges from blues, purples, silver, gold, and so on. With that said, it's extremely pigmented and shiny. Not one color is more opaque than others. They're all opaque and gorgeous in person. With that said, the only one I had trouble with is My Blue Heaven. It's harder to work with because it separates. If you need to reapply that area, I recommend doing it after it dries. It'll take more time to make it look good. I didn't have that problem with the other colors. Lastly, it lasted all day without creasing, smudging, and fading. It looked good at the end of the day as if I just applied it. Not only that it's light-weight and comfortable. The method of this product is thin layer.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent.
* Small, sturdy packaging.
* Same shape and size; easy to store.
* Comes with a see through packaging to distinguish the colors.
* Tight seal; will not open unless manually.
* Travel-friendly.
* In-between medium to thick width brush.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Recommend using fingers and brushes.
* Great all year round.
* Variety of colors.
* Pigmented and shiny.
* Long-lasting.
* No creasing, smudging, and fading.
* Light-weight and comfortable.

Cons:
* In-between medium to thick width brush.
* Recommend not using the brush that came with the Fluid Shadow.
* My Blue Heaven separates.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Jesse's Girl products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish
Dolled Up Dorothy

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...