Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Becca First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some Becca products from Influenster.
Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the primer on the top left.

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at beccacosmetics.com
Price: $38 for 30 mL/ 1 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Your instant fix for Bad Face Day. Introducing your new pick-me-up: a lustrous, lavender-hued priming filter powered by luminescence that preps, perks & perfects the complexion. In a snap, transform your complexion & create the perfect refreshed canvas for a pure healthy glow.

Fix the 5 Signs of Bad Face Day
* Fatigue
* Dullness
* Dehydration
* Puffiness
* Fine Lines
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I received an email telling me that I'm getting three new Becca products, I was stoke! I automatically started searching online to figure out what I might be getting. So when I received my box, I was prepared and excited to know I got what I expected!
Here's a closer look at the top.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight lemony scent. It has a cooling sensation. Not in the sense of tingling but more like refreshing. Secondly, I love the packaging. It's sturdy and professional looking. The top will not come off unless you manually pull it off, and the bottle is made out of glass. Even though the bottle is made out of glass, it will not break unless you throw it across the room. Not only is it travel-friendly, it's sanitary-safe. It comes with a pump and you have full control of it. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not thick that you need to massage for a long time for it to be absorb onto the skin. It's also not thin that it's running as soon as you pump the primer onto your hand. It's a perfect consistency. You only need several drops for the entire face. A little goes a long way with this product. As soon as you pump the primer, it's lavender until you massage it onto your skin. It'll lighten and turn clear. My skin absorbed this product like no other and it's refreshing. Honestly, it felt like I applied a thin layer of water onto my skin. This is great for all skin types including dry skin individuals like myself. It hydrates the skin and the dry patches diminish. It made my face feel soft, smooth, and alive. You can see slight dewiness, as well as, light reflecting off the skin. With that said, there was one concern. I wondered if it'll cover the large pores on my nose. For that main reason, I tend to look for silicone-base primers. They lay on top of the skin to cover the imperfections and leave a smooth canvas for the foundation. Since this isn't silicone-base primer, I was a little bit worried. The primer absorbed into the skin rather than laying on top. Let me tell you, it did a better job than a lot of silicone-based primers. It didn't completely hide my large pores but it did cover enough to make it not that noticeable. It also made the foundation apply smoother than usual. Lastly, it lasted until I washed my face. I did not see any smudging, fading, running, and so on. It looked good at the end of the day just as I applied it. There's a possibility it might be from having dry skin. I don't ever worry about reapplying. For that reason, I can't fully say for other skin types. For dry skin individuals, you will love this as much as I do!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Sturdy, professional looking packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Sanitary-safe.
* Comes with a pump that you have full control of.
* Perfect, medium consistency.
* Several drops for the entire face; a little goes a long way with this product.
* Absorbs into the skin quickly.
* Refreshing.
* Great for all skin types.
* Hydrating.
* Dry patches diminished.
* Skin feels soft, smooth, alive, and youthful.
* Gives the skin slight dewiness.
* Lights reflect off the skin.
* Does not lay on top of the skin.
* Not a silicone-base primer.
* Great base for foundation.
* Foundation lasted all day without smudging, fading, running, and so on.

Cons:
* Did not completely cover the large pores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Becca products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...