Monday, February 20, 2017

Manicure Monday: Essie in Mint Candy Apple

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I had to look through my posts to see when I bought the Essie polish. I purchased it in 2010. Time sure flies!

Here's my ULTA haul back then. I already reviewed Montagne Jeunesse Mask in Chocolate Masque and Fruit Smoothie (bottom). For this post, I will review Essie polish in the middle.
This is Essie in Mint Candy Apple. Since I did a thorough review of Essie in First Timer, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "essie's adorable creme de menthe mint nail polish is perfect in any season. don't be fooled by its sweet exterior. this apple bites back."
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. The width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 2 coats of Essie in Mint Candy Apple, and then topped it with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush isn't my type of brush. I prefer thick brushes because they're quick. It does take several more strokes than I prefer but it wasn't bad. Instead of cleaning one side of the brush inside the bottle, I just grabbed more polish than usual. It made it quicker to move onto the next nail. Secondly, I've always like Essie's packaging even the new one. It's simple, sturdy, and easy to grab. With that said, it's travel-friendly. I cannot see it break unless you are extremely rough with the packaging. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It did get slightly thick towards the end of polishing but not by much. To be honest, I am pretty impressed. I've had this polish since 2010 and the polish did not get thick at all. I used to not like Essie that much, because of the brush, but I might be changing. It's easy to apply, and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, the color is a typical mint color. It's more on the blue than on the website. On the website, it looks more green than blue. It reminds me of the Tiffany blue color and it's great for spring/summer season. With that said, you can get this color from all brands but this is one of the original mint colors that I know of. Lastly, there were slight chipping on the sides of the tips on the sixth day. Other than chipping, I didn't see any shrinkage. I'm pretty impressed and this is coming from a polish from 2010. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. It's pretty embarrassing!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...