Friday, February 10, 2017

SeneGence LipSense in Bombshell

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some SeneGence products from Bombshell Cosmetics.

I received two LipSense, gloss, and a remover. For this post, I will review one of the LipSense (top).
Product Review: SeneGence LipSense in Bombshell

Where to purchase: online at bombshellcosmetics.com
Price: $25 for 0.25 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: The premier product of SeneGence®, LipSense® is an amazing departure from conventional lipsticks, stains and colors. It should only be applied on clean, dry lips. Your perfect pout is waterproof and will not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! We challenge you to put your pout to the test - kiss away! Create your own recipe for beauty and customize your color palate by combining shades that are rich and sold, sheer and shimmery, vibrant, shiny or frosty.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I've been hearing raves about LipSense and how it's better than any liquid lipsticks in the market. I was intrigued!
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator. It's a typical doe foot applicator that's slated on one side of the tip.
Here's a swatch of Bombshell on my hand. The left side is without any top on top of it. The right is with Glossy Gloss on top of Bombshell.
Here's how Bombshell looks on me with no topping on top of it.
Here's how Bombshell looks with Glossy Gloss on top of it.
Here's an overall look with Kate Eye Shadow in BR-1 and Jesse's Girl Fluid Shadow in Royal Orchid on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a floral scent with a mixture of alcohol while applying. It's not that strong but it's close to being strong. To be honest, the consistency plays with your mind that you hardly notice the scent. I will talk about that later. I just sniffed the product and two things come to mind. One is that it smells like flowers and the other is lychee for some odd reason. It has a cooling feel while smelling. It's hard to explain but it's just refreshing. Secondly, the packaging doesn't stand out. Most packaging in the market are attractive. They're either cute, adorable, pretty, professional looking, and so on. That's probably why a lot of people buy into it, and I hate to admit it but I'm one of them. Honestly, we are attractive to pretty things and that's how the market sells to us. Most of the cost of making the product is the packaging. I remember talking to someone who told me her father works in a cosmetic company and a $20 lipstick the product itself cost only $2. We spend most of it for the packaging unfortunately. This LipSense isn't pretty. It's a simple packaging that holds the product. It tells me the company is more focused on the product than the packaging. With that said, it's pretty sturdy and travel-friendly. I cannot see it spill, break, and open unless you manually open it. Third, it's very liquidity. It's probably more liquidity than a lot of liquid lipsticks I have tried from the market. With that said, it's actually pretty easy to use. I highly recommend reading the instructions and watching videos before using this product. I exfoliated and hydrated my lips with a balm thirty minutes before using the product. Then I removed everything to make sure my lips were dry or else it won't work that well. Then I applied one layer from one corner of the lip to the other corner. You cannot go over the area you applied the lip product or else it will separate. It kind of feels like alcohol but it doesn't sting at all. This is coming from someone who cannot use plumping lip products. I have sensitive lips and lip plumping products burn my lips the whole time it's on. Most people will only feel it for a second to a minute. It gets so bad that I have to wash it off. From somebody who has sensitive lips, this product didn't burn at all. The hard part is keeping my mouth open while it's drying. If you touch your lips together while it's still wet, it's extremely sticky and uncomfortable. Honestly, the hardest part of the application was keeping the mouth open or at least for me! You can repeat as many times you want but they recommend three layers which is what I did. Each layer gets more pigmented as you apply. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking. Fourth, the color that I really wanted to try first was Nude but I went with Bombshell. Since it's on the lighter shade, I thought it'll be safer for the first time trying this product. Since it's so close to my natural lip color if I make a mistake, it won't noticeable. It's my lip but better color with sparkles. The sparkle is more a sheen than glitters thankfully. I'm not a big fan of glitters even though glitter toppings are so in right now. With that said, this is a great color all year round especially spring/summer season. With each layer, it gets pigmented. I highly recommend doing all three with this color for it to show. Lastly, it does not come off at all! It's extremely transfer-proof. You think the liquid lipsticks in the market is amazing. You need to try this product. It will not come off no matter what. You can eat greasy food, water, and so on and it'll still be there. It's also not drying at all. It was comfortable and I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. Even though the hardest part was keeping my mouth open while drying, it was so worth it to know I don't have to worry about reapplying throughout the day!

Pros:
* Floral scent with alcohol while applying.
* Cooling, refreshing scent.
* Simple, sturdy packaging that holds the products.
* Company focuses more on the product than packaging!
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to use.
* Highly recommend exfoliating before usage.
* No burning sensation.
* Went on smoothly and no streaking.
* Great color all year round.
* Gets more pigmented with each layer.
* Transfer-proof.
* Would not come off at all!
* Comfortable.
* Not drying at all.
* Vegan.
* Gluten-free.
* Cruelty-free.
* FDA approved.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Floral scent with alcohol while applying.
* Don't go over the area you just applied the lip product.
* Feels like alcohol without the stinging.
* Keeping mouth open while drying; uncomfortable and sticky.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...