Friday, February 17, 2017

SeneGence LipSense in Nude

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some SeneGence products from Bombshell Cosmetics.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed SeneGence LipSense in Bombshell (top). For this post, I will review the other LipSense (second from top).
This is SeneGence LipSense in Nude. Since I did a thorough review of SeneGence LipSense in Bombshell, I will base this on that.
Here's a look at the ingredients.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator. It's a typical applicator for liquid lipsticks; slanted on one side of the tip.
Here's a swatch on my hand from left to right; Bombshell and Nude.
Here's how LipSense in Nude looks on me with no gloss on top.
Here's how Nude looks with gloss on top of it.
Here's an overall look with Jesse's Girl Fluid Shadow in Snowflake in the inner corners of the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a floral scent mixed with alcohol while applying. I just sniffed the product and it's very refreshing. It smells exactly like the LipSense in Bombshell. Now that I've been using this for some time including the LipSense in Bombshell, I just got so used to the smell. I don't notice it a much as I did the first time I used this product. Secondly and like I said for LipSense in Bombshell, the packaging isn't gorgeous. It's just a typical simple packaging but it tells me the company focuses more on the product than the packaging. It's good to know you are paying for the product not the packaging. Even though the packaging is simple, it's sturdy and well-made. It's also travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is liquidity. It's lighter than most liquid lipsticks in the market. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. You apply from one corner of the mouth to the other and make sure you keep the mouth open while it dries! Once you apply, it's not good to touch that area or go over that area. It'll move and it won't look good, but don't worry it will dry within seconds. You have to do this three times for the color to be more opaque. With each layer, it gets deeper in color. I'm not too sure if I got a bad batch but you can tell from my swatch above on my hand, it's blotchy. Bombshell is much easier to apply and it goes on smoothly. I'm not too sure if I'm applying this wrong. That's a good possibility. Knowing myself, anything is possible! I've wore this several times and the pictures above were from the day it went on the best. It's blotchy when you get close but from far away, it was decent. After the third layer dries, I highly recommend applying a gloss. They have different kinds but I got the Glossy Gloss. It takes the stickiness away and feel flawless on the lips. Fourth, I love the color. Out of the two, this was the one I was most looking forward to and still my favorite color-wise. It's a gorgeous brown color. It's great for fall/winter season. Lastly once it's set, you don't have to worry about this product throughout the day. It won't come off and it will not transfer on anything. You won't see this on cups, clothes, and so on. It's also very comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. With that said, they do have a remover but I found an easier quicker way to remove this product. You just need a glycerin soap like Neutrogena the orange kind. It removes it better than anything I have used. If you want lasting lip color and don't want to worry about it throughout the day, I highly recommend LipSense!

Would repurchase; Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other SeneGence products reviewed/swatch:
LipSense

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...