Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Daiso Konjac Natural Plant Sponge

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


I cannot remember when I purchased this product from Daiso. I just remember I purchased this product before I even started using Konjac sponges.

Product Review: Daiso Konjac Natural Plant Sponge

Where to purchase: Daiso
Price: $1.50

Made in China

Description on the package: Smooth on the skin and softly removes dirt and impurities. Made from devil's-tongue starch.
Thoughts: While walking in the aisle of the beauty section of Daiso, I saw a customer putting several sponges in her basket. Out of curiosity, I asked the lady. She told me she loves this product and it works wonder. I didn't think it'll hurt to try one.
Here's how the sponge looks. It comes with a string.
Here's a closer look at the sponge.
Here's how the sponge looks wet.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's not noticeable scent even while taking out of the packaging. Secondly, it's extremely rough when it's dry. It's also very sturdy and doesn't move. It feels like a rock. Compared to the other two Konjac sponges (pureSOL Konjac Facial Sponge with Added Bamboo Charcoal and Outer Beauty Konjac Sponge Puff with Mineral Rich French Pink Clay) I have tried before this, this is definitely different. I don't remember the other Konjac sponges being this tough while it's dry. Third, it's much softer while it's wet. Compared to the other two Konjac sponges, this is still a little rougher but it's doable. The only thing I noticed is that it takes forever to get soft. The other two Konjac sponges got soft within seconds. This takes several minutes. I recommend wetting the sponge before you start cleansing your face. Once you are ready to use this product, it'll be soft. Fourth, it does its job of cleansing. I used it without a cleanser in the beginning and then started using with a cleanser. It works better with a cleanser but it also could be mental. Lastly, I don't know the benefits of Konjac sponges. I haven't noticed an improvement. I just notice it cleans the face and the benefit of this one, probably exfoliates since it's not the most softest sponge. Would I say it's better than just using your hands? I think it's both the same depending on how you clean your face. If you don't exfoliate, I recommend this product.

Pros:
* No scent.
* Softer while wet.
* Cleans face.
* Softly exfoliates the skin.

Cons:
* Rough while dry.
* Takes several minutes to get soft.

Would repurchase: No!
Rating:  2/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Konjac Sponge products reviewed:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...