Monday, August 25, 2014

Manicure Monday: Makeup by One Direction in Na Na Na (LE)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

About a month ago, I was fortunate to receive Makeup by One Direction makeup set from The Looks Collection thanks to Markwins International.

I received Up All Night.
These were the beauty products in the makeup set. For this post, I will focus on the nail polish.
Product Review: Makeup by One Direction in Na Na Na (LE)

Where to purchase: Macy's, Stage Stores, Dillards, Beauty Barnds, and Lord and Taylor

Made in USA

Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I first received this set, I thought the nail polish would be perfect for the fall season. At the same time, I was curious how it'll look on my hand. For that reason, I decided to try it.
Here's a closer picture of the nail polish and it's very true to color!
Here's a look at the brush. I would compare the width of the brush to OPI just short in length.
I applied Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Makeup by One Direction in Na Na Na, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the consistency of the polish is on the medium. It's not too thin where it is watery and it's not too thick that makes it hard to paint my nails. It's the perfect consistency and made it easy to paint my nails. It also went on smoothly, and there was no streaking and bubbles. Secondly, I thought I would struggle with the brush. I'm used to long brushes. I honestly think the width of the brush helped the short length and for that reason, it makes it doable to paint my nails. Lastly, the lasting power is 4 days with barely any chip on the tip of the nails. I actually found the polish comparable to OPI. I was pretty impressed and I think it's also a great summer color!

Pros:
* Medium consistency; not too thick and not too thin.
* Medium width brush; easy to paint the nails.
* Easy to apply.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Lasts 4 days before chipping.

Cons:
* Only can be purchase with the makeup set.
* Limited edition.
* Only three makeup sets to choose from.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Kim A. said...

The color and finish is so beautiful! Looks great on your nails Ahleesa :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...