Monday, March 4, 2019

Soap & Glory No Woman No Dry Hydrating Body Butter

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Earlier this year, January 2019, I bought some body moisturizers from ULTA.

Here are the products I bought. For this post, I will review the Soap & Glory moisturizer on the left.
Product Review: Soap & Glory No Woman No Dry Hydrating Body Butter

Where to purchase: ULTA, Target, and online at soapandglory.com
Price: $15 for 300 mL/ 10.1 fl oz

Made in UK

Description from the website: Drying for some all over nourishment with a touch of the tropical? Indulge in  NO WOMAN NO DRY Hydrating Body Butter scented with CALL OF FRUITY - a fragrance infused with notes of hibiscus, juicy cantaloupe melon and cedarwood so delicious it must be scent from paradise. NO WOMAN NO DRY is an intensely moisturising formulation containing body-loving super-nourishers designed to provide a huge hit of hydration and give you velvet-soft skin. With: - coconut oil - coconut butter - passion fruit and aloe extracts - Vitamin E
Ingredients:
Aqua (Water/Eau), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil, Glyceryl stearate, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) seed butter, PEG-100 stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, Dipropylene glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Rosa canina fruit oil, Mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, Caprylyl glycol, Carbomer, Potassium hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzophenone-4, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopheryl acetate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, Passiflora edulis fruit extract, Carica papaya (Papaya) fruit extract, Denatonium benzoate, Potassium sorbate, Benzoic acid, Sorbic acid, Citric acid, CI 15985 (Yellow 6), CI 14700 (Red 4)
Thoughts: I heard great things about this brand from a friend. Since then I've been intrigued. Then I visited my ULTA store and noticed it was on sale. Also having a discount didn't hurt. I thought I would try one but it was a better deal to get two. From the two, I decided to try the thicker consistency moisturizer.
Here's a closer look at the packaging of the top.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the moisturizer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a strong scent. It's on the sweet floral side. I just sniffed the product and it does smell like sweet floral. To be honest out of the two, this was the one I liked the least when it came to scent. I just didn't want to purchase two of the same moisturizer. When I first tried this moisturizer, I thought the scent was way too strong. After couple of usage, I got used to the scent and it doesn't bother me anymore. With that said, the scent leaves an awful smell on jeans. I don't know if you are like me but I wear jeans couple of times before I wash them. I've always been told it's not good to wash jeans that often. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's been a habit of mine. The next time I wear the same jean it has an awful smell that bothers me throughout the day. It's not pleasant at all! Secondly, I like the packaging. It's cute and stands out. I'm really not a pink person but the pink isn't overbearing. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy and I would say it's medium. With that said, it's really easy to use. I just dip my fingers into the tub and grab the product. Yes, it's not the most sanitary but it's the quickest way to get the product. Plus, just make sure you have clean hands before dipping your fingers into the tub. Then I massage onto my skin. Since the consistency isn't thick, it's easy to massage and quickly gets absorbed into the skin. Also, my dry skin absorbs this product like no other. It'll be great for normal to dry skin individuals. Even during this dry winter weather, this body moisturizer is hydrating. It leaves a nice, smooth texture with no grease. Lastly, it lasts until I shower the next time. I only moisturize after I come out of the shower. Then I lather the product from top to bottom. If my skin doesn't get tense and dry in-between showers, it's a good thing. I'm glad I finally got to try this brand. I just hope the other moisturizer from this brand doesn't smell this bad. I like the product and everything. It's hydrating and leaves my skin soft. I just cannot stand the smell it leaves on my jean! Plus, I feel like there are so many good body moisturizers in the market. If I don't like something small, you can find something better you like.

Pros:
* Scent becomes doable after several usage.
* Cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Quickly absorbs into the skin.
* Great for normal to dry skin.
* Great for the dry, winter weather.
* Hydrating.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Not greasy.
* Lasts until the next time I shower.

Cons:
* Strong floral scent.
* Leaves an awful scent on jeans.
* Not the most sanitary-safe.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...