Friday, March 22, 2019

Dolce & Gabbana The Foundation Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of last year, 2018, I went to the outlet and checked out the new beauty store. It had high-end products. While searching around, one salesperson convinced me to get this foundation from Dolce & Gabbana.

Product Review: Dolce & Gabban The Foundation Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

Where to purchase: department stores and online at nordstrom.com
Price: unsure at 30 mL/ 1.0 fl oz

Made in Japan

Description from website: Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation is a sophisticated, modern, silky, sensuous formula that gives your skin a beautiful radiant glow and flawless, dewy finish. Designed to complement your skin tone perfectly, highlighting where you want it and illuminating where you need it for a radiant, lit-from-within glow.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Mica, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alumina, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Silica Silylate, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Stearate, Hexylene Glycol,Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Mannitol, Glucose, Pca Dimethicone, Fructose, Sorbitol, Urea, Sodium Pca, Sucrose, Dextrin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Trehalose, Bht, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,Polyquaternium-51, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Benzoic Acid,Triacetin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate; May Contain: (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)/Iron Oxides,Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide].
Thoughts: To be honest, I was not looking to buy a foundation. I have so many that hasn't gotten any love. I just ran into a salesperson who showed so much compassion for this brand. Her excitement about the brand made her glow when she was speaking. I got intrigued and wanted to try the products she recommended. She recommended their foundations and this particular one for my dry skin.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a closer look at a swatch on my hand.
Here's how the swatch looks when blended onto my skin.
Here's a comparison with and without foundation. On the left is without foundation, bare, and on the right is with foundation, two layers.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes and L'Oreal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick in I Create on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It's so light that you really cannot distinguish the smell. Not only that while sniffing, it felt refreshing as in you can feel a cool breeze. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you lift and close the top. You also have full control of the pump. It pumps as much as you want. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy and I would say it's medium. It's not too thin that it drips once pumped. It's also not too thick it's hard to blend. It's a nice consistency that doesn't move and you can blend easily. With that said, it's easy to use. I apply several pumps on the tops of my hand and with my finger, I dab all over the face. Then I blend with my fingers. To seal the foundation into my skin I pat with a beauty blender. Just make sure the beauty blender isn't completely soaked. It will liquid-fy the foundation and make it look a lot more watery than creamy. It'll be harder to cover up the imperfections. On the other hand if the beauty blender isn't soaked with water, it will absorb the foundation and you will have less product to work your magic on the skin. Fourth, another salesperson recommended this particular color to me. She swatch it against my jawline. To be honest, it's hard to tell with the store lighting. The lighting tends to be yellow and most products look good on the skin. I recommend when it comes to trying new foundation, test it at home and check how it looks outside in the sun. Since the outlet is kind of far, I had to trust the salesperson. I wasn't going to go back and change the foundation color. I don't think she did a great job but she was close. When I swatch the foundation on the skin, I can see slight salmon color. Once it's blended onto the skin, I can see the oxidation. The foundation turns from slight salmon color to more a warm tone yellow base. Only thing is the color is slightly lighter than my own skin tone and makes me look more paler than I am. I would have gone a little bit darker in my opinion. For now during this winter weather, I can deal with the foundation color. Mostly likely I'll use another foundation to match my summer skin tone. Pigmentation-wise it's good. It's not the most pigmented but I would say it's in-between medium to thick. If you want a thin layer, one is good enough. It'll be a great tint color. If you want more coverage, I recommend two to three layers. I, personally, stop at two layers. It covers most freckles. I do see dark spots peaking through but slightly. I covered them with concealer after the foundation. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. Since I have dry skin, most products last a long time. I didn't see any fading, as well as, natural oil that build up throughout the day. It looked luminous, as well as, no creasing throughout the day. If you are oily, it might not last that long. I recommend for normal to dry skin individuals. I'm glad I got this product. The color isn't a complete match but the quality is definitely worth it!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Simple, clean, and professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; makes a clicking noise and you can feel a tight seal when you life and close.
* Full control of the quantity you pump.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Easy to blend.
* Easy to use.
* Oxidize.
* Pigmented.
* Covers most freckles and dark spots.
* No fading.
* No oil build up.
* Looked luminous.
* No creasing.
* Great for normal to dry skin.
* Lasts all day.

Cons:
* Can be costly.
* Color is lighter than my skin tone.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...