Wednesday, October 31, 2018

JOAH I'm Your Jelly Bae! Matte Gel Lipstick in Honey

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some JOAH products from Influenster.
I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the lipstick on the bottom left.

Where to purchase: CVS and online at joahbeauty.com
Price: $5.99 for 0.12 oz

Description from the website: There's a new bae in town. Long lasting lipstick with the lightness of a gel and the long-wear of a matte finish. Available in 10 rich shades!

Benefits: Gel lipstick glides on and provides weightless comfort thanks to dry-touch oils and wax-free formula. With only one stroke, the rich pigmented color quickly sets to a matte; finish that delivers lasting wear without making the lips look or feel dried out.
Ingredients:
Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate , Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide ( CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) BN.
Thoughts: When I received this package, I was extremely excited. I love Korean makeups and not only that the colors all speak out to me.
Here's a closer look at the top. I believe there's lipstick inside but not too sure.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the quantity of the product. I pulled the lipstick all the way up.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with JOAH Birthday Suit Eyeshadow Palette in Unveiled on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells floral and last for couple of minutes. I just sniffed the product, and it does smell like floral but more on the perfume side. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and the lipstick on the top is unique. Most brands have it on the bottom but the positive is knowing the color of the lipstick. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also a decent size you can throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. It's easy to use. Since it doesn't have a sharp tip anywhere on the lipstick, I thought it would be hard to outline the lips but it isn't. It's extremely easy to outline the lips. Plus the color is on the neutral side, it's hard to make a mistake. When they mean matte, they mean the texture is not shiny. They don't mean it's transfer-proof. If you are looking for transfer-proof lipstick, this isn't it. It's a typical lipstick but it has a creamy texture that leaves a nice, smooth texture. A lot of matte lipstick shows imperfections on the lips. This doesn't. I've been having dry, chapped lips and this lipstick made my lips look smooth. I was impressed and wonder if that's what they meant by gel. Fourth, the color is on the neutral side. It'll be a great everyday color, as well as, with smokey eye makeup. With that said, it's great all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's okay. It's not the most pigmented but you can build the color. On that day, I layered the lipstick twice. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have tendency to wipe my mouth after eating. For this reason, most lipsticks don't last that long on me. It's light-weight, extremely comfortable, and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. To be honest, I think it's slightly hydrating. My lips felt more comfortable after wearing the lipstick and I noticed the dryness slightly went away. I'm glad I got to try this lipstick. I like how smooth the lipstick looked on my lips. I did not see any thick and fine lines.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Simple packaging.
* Color of the lipstick on the top of the packaging; you can distinguish if you own more than one.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and hear a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Easy to outline the lips.
* Matte texture.
* Doesn't show the imperfections on the lips.
* Great everyday color, as well as, with smokey eye makeup.
* Great all year round.
* Can build the color.
* Light-weight.
* Extremely comfortable.
* Not drying at all.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Not the most pigmented.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...