Friday, February 6, 2015

DermOrganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2013, I attended iFabbo San Francisco Conference.

We received a swag bag. Here are the products we received. I already reviewed Vitabath Body Wash in Cucumber & White Tea (top left), and Vitabath Body Wash in Dreamy Pink Frosting (top left). For this post, I will review a product from DermOrganic on the bottom right.
Here are the DermOrganic products I received. For this post, I will review the mask on the top right.
Product Review: DermOrganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque

Where to purchase: online at dermorganic.com
Price: $18 for 250 mL/ 8.5 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the packaging: Rich in rich amino acids that replicate the keratin structure of human hair. Repairs damage, seals the cuticle, neutralizes pH, and restores resilience to salon-treated hair. Made without silicones, propylene glycol or glycerin, use as often as desired for silky smooth hair without fear of buildup.

* Repairs damaged hair
* Smoothes and softens
* Strengthens and texturizes
* Makes hair manageable again
* Fortifies and improves elasticity
* Enriched with Omega-6, Antioxidants, Rice Keratin Amino Acids and Essential Lipids
Ingredients:
Thoughts: After I colored my hair from Nelson J Salon and several root touch-ups, my hair hasn't been the same. It's been dried and damaged. It mostly got damaged when I went to the Korean salon. My friends highly recommended this hair stylist. Unfortunately with me, she made my hair worst than ever. It's another story. :X Thankfully, I got Healthilocks treatment which helped with hydration. Even though my hair is healthier, it's still not the same especially the ends. For that reason, I'm always in a hunt for a great hair mask. Since I have this mask from DermOrganic, I decided to try it out.
I love that it comes with a pump. Even though it's easy to use, it wasn't towards the end.
Here's a swatch of the hair mask on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's on the fruity scent. It smells good while sniffing, as well as, applying it onto the hair. With that said, the scent doesn't last that long on the hair. As soon as I wash it off, the scent doesn't linger. Secondly, the consistency is on the thick side and it's very creamy. After I shampoo my hair, I use it as a conditioner. The only difference is I don't wash it off right away. I pile my hair on top and let the mask do it's job. It's really easy to use. It goes on smoothly and it's also easy to wash off. With that said, I noticed a big difference on my hair right away. After I shampoo my hair, my hair is stiff and rough on the hands. During and after the mask, my hair feels soft and easy to comb my finger through. Before I forget since the mask is on the thick side, it is hard to pump especially towards the middle to end of the mask. I had to water it down a bit with water. Lastly, I've been loving this product since I started using it. It's helped manage my hair. I wasn't able to comb my hair and when I did, my hair would break at the ends. That's how I got split ends. This product has helped me comb my hair, as well as, lessen the amount of split ends.

Pros:
* Made with certified Argan oil of Morocco.
* Can be found in TJ Maxx and Marshal.
* Comes with a pump.
* Smells fruity.
* Creamy.
* Easy to use.
* Leaves hair soft.
* Helps with split ends.
* Strengthen hair.
* Repairs damaged hair.
* Vegan.
* No artificial preservatives.
* Sulfate-free & gluten-free.
* No sodium, chloride, salt, mea, dea or dyes.
* Paraben-free & propylene glycol-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Can be hard to find in stores.
* Hard to pump at times.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Bijin Blair said...

What?! How could your hairstylist fry your hair (I am assuming this is what she did)? Will it help if you trim the ends off? This time, you may want to try a different stylist?

Elena Dal Maso said...

I love certified Argan oil of Morocco :)
Lovely review!

xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

Ahleessa said...

Thank you!

Ahleessa said...

I'll cry if I cut the dry ends!... lol~ I'll have to go from the backs of my hip to my shoulder. That's too much hair chopping for me. I rather grow it out and cut it gradually.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...