Monday, July 18, 2022

Manicure Monday: Illamasqua in Purity

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Illamasqua in Purity that I reviewed in September 2012.
This is Illamasqua in Purity. I cannot find it on the website. It's easy sold out or discontinued. I would think it's the second.
Here's a closer look at the color on the right.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is thinner and the length is longer. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Illamasqua in Purity, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush isn't something I would reach for. Because of the consistency, it is doable. I just didn't clean the brush in the inside before using. It just spread on the nails. I also prefer curve tip. Even though it has a straight tip, it was okay. When it comes to painting, I am impatient. If you are a better painter than me, the brush should be decent. Secondly, the packaging is nice but the top kind of looks cheap. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. Even though I feel a tight seal, it does not aligned perfectly with the bottom. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. Since it's on the thicker side for my taste, I tend to paint faster. It's all mental. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty peachy color. It's great for spring and summer season. Would I say the color is unique? I think so. I haven't seen this color in other brands. They are close but not exactly. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I did see chipping on the tips on the fourth day. It was small and it stayed that way. I am glad I got this product. I love the color. It's just so pretty!

Would I repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...