Friday, November 12, 2021

POPCHOSE Dry Brush

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

After hearing about dry brushing on YouTube, I decided to purchase a dry brush. While looking on Amazon, I purchased a brush from POPCHOSE.
Here's my order for that day. For this post, I will review the brush on the right.
Product Review: POPCHOSE Dry Brush

Where to purchase: amazon.com
Price: $9.99

Made in China

Description from the website: Dry brush your way to beauty and wellness. We love how our skin looks when it's silky, flawless and youthful. We hope to be healthy, energetic and feel confident by doing daily routines. Dry brushing is a well recognized routine to help maintain health and beauty. It's the easiest and most timeless option proved to flake off dead skin, to reduce cellulite and swelling, to enhance blood circulation and lymphatic flow and to rejuvenate your body.
Thoughts: When I saw people's experiences on YouTube, they were all positive and showed great results. I decided to try it since I have unhealthy looking body skin.
Here's a closer look at the brush and the handle.
Here's a closer look of the side.
Here's a closer look at the bristles.
Here's a closer look at the hook.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent out of the packaging. Some times you smell something and it disappears with time. I did not smell anything whatsoever after sniffing the brush. It's a different story now with washing. It leaves a slight scent of the soap you use to wash it. You can only smell it if you sniff the brush. Secondly, the brush is nice. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of wood and the handle is made out of cloth. I noticed the cloth handle is sealed in-between the wood and plastic. Most likely it's glued together but I could be wrong. I see no looseness in-between the wood and the plastic. I cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I wished it came in a small bag for traveling. You can throw the brush inside the bag, but I guess it wouldn't make a difference since it's a dry brush. The cloth handle is wide enough for all hand sizes. Some people might find it too big but I actually don't mind. I pretty much grab onto the wood and the cloth handle is there to not loose grip. The bristles are on the sharp side. When you touch it with the palm of your hand, you can feel the pointy-ness of the bristles. Since it's used on our thick skin, it's not as sharp as you touch it with your palm. When you first start using it, they recommend doing it gently. Once you get used to it, then you can do it more rougher with time. I, personally, love how it feels on the skin. It's refreshing. Another reason why you feel the sharpness is because it's not cut straight. You can see the different levels of the cuts. It's also very sturdy that I have not seen any shedding since I got this brush. They also give you an adhesive hook. I have not used it, therefore, I cannot tell you much. It's just a regular, plastic hook with glue on the back. You can put the hook in the shower or outside the shower to dry the brush. Third, it's easy to use. I go into the shower and dry brush towards the heart. I start from the feet upwards to the heart. Once I get to the chest, I start going down from the neck. Then I finish from my hands to the heart. It's that easy. Then I take a shower and wash the brush. It easily air dries until the next time. They recommend you do the dry brushing in the shower so the debris from the skin will fall on the ground of the shower. Plus, it's easy to clean since you are showering right after dry brushing. It's not messy at all and I am all about that. After the shower and hydration from the lotion, my skin feels smooth and soft. You exfoliated the top layer and brought out new skin. Since I have small bumps all over my body, I noticed it has lessen with usage. It's not completely gone but it's better than before. The box mentions the benefits of dry brushing; remove dead skin, unclog pores, smooth and soften skin, release toxins, reduce cellulite, increase blood circulation, stimulates lymphatic system, and relive stress. I agree to all of that. Lastly, my skin feels good the next day. It lasts until the next time I shower. They recommend doing it in daily basis but that seems too much for me. I try to do it twice or three times a week. I highly recommend dry brushing if you don't have smooth skin!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent out of packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* No looseness anywhere.
* Travel-friendly.
* Cloth handle is wide enough for all hand sizes.
* Refreshing.
* No shedding.
* Comes with a hook.
* Easy to use.
* Easily air dries.
* Not messy.
* Skin feels smooth and soft.
* Removes dead skin.
* Unclog pores.
* Release toxins.
* Reduce cellulite.
* Increase blood circulation.
* Stimulates lymphatic system.
* Relieves stress.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Wished it came in a traveling bag.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...