Friday, November 5, 2021

OZ Naturals Ancient Orient Rice Enzyme Dermafoliant

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I received this product in June 2015 but my post was never posted. I needed an approval from the company but they never responded. I am not too sure if it's still available or discontinued, but I want to post since I spent time writing it. With that said, I am fortunate to receive an exfoliate from OZ Naturals.
Product Review: OZ Naturals Ancient Orient Rice Enzyme Dermafoliant

Where to purchase: online at oznaturals.com and amazon.com
Price: $24.95 for 2.75 oz/ 81 mL

Made in USA

Description from the press kit: OZ Naturals FACE SCRUB EXFOLIANT utilizes bamboo to gently exfoliate skin and unclog pores without irritation, drying or stripping.
FINALLY A FACIAL SCRUB THAT contains lactic acid and alpha lipoic acid to further help the exfoliation process by breaking down and removing dead skin cells, revealing the glow of healthy skin beneath, and assists in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging from sun damage.
ANOTHER KEY INGREDIENT, green tea extract, is rich in antioxidants and helps to prevent collagen breakdown as well as tone and protect the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals.
THE PRO-VITAMIN B5 IN OUR scrub is readily absorbed by the skin and penetrates deep down, retaining moisture and relieving dry, irritated skin, and Alpha Lipoic Acid provides anti-inflammatory effects reducing redness and blotchiness, shrinking pore size and imparting a healthy radiance to the skin.
SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES, our bamboo exfoliant is all natural and free of harmful ingredients.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I have never heard of rice exfoliate. For that reason, I was intrigued.
Here's a look at the opening of the package.
Here's some of the product on my hand.
Here's how the product looks after I add water to scrub my face.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent when I sniff the product with my nose. It reminds me of the smell my dad has right after he changes the car oil. Don't ask me why but that's what comes to mind when I sniff the product. That's only when I smell the product closely with my nose. When it comes to using the product, there's no noticeable scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's clean and simple looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. I have mixed feelings about the top. It's not easy to close. You need to put the top in a perfect position to close or else you will struggle. Knowing how clumsy I am, I have to close the product right after using or else I will spill all over. Speaking of the devil I just spilled some right now on my desk. I was testing the top to make sure I wrote exactly my experience. Once the top is close, it is sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage water into the powder. It's also not to thin that it runs while massaging water. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I pour a quarter-size amount exfoliant powder onto the palm of my hand. I pour small amount of water onto the powder and mix with my other hand until I see a paste. Then I massage the paste in circular motion on my face until it has dissolved. I am going to be honest. It didn't feel gentle the first time I used the product. It was kind of rough. I got used to it after the first usage. The skin feels and looks soft. Since it exfoliated the skin, the skin looks new and alert. Lastly, the next morning the skin looks nice. I noticed shrinkage of pores and less noticeable blackheads on my nose. I have to say this is the best product I have used to remove blackheads on my nose. It disappeared after second usage. This product will be great for normal to oily skin individuals. It's also good for dry skin individuals since it did not dry out my skin. This is an update since I wrote this post. I moved from the face to the body. I found it messy to work with. It's a lot easier to use in the shower and I feel like the exfoliate is too harsh for the soft face skin. It's better on the body in my opinion. It softened my small, bumpy skin.

Pros:
* Slight scent when you sniff the product. 
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Clean and simple packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Sturdy top when close; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Exfoliates.
* Skin feels and looks soft.
* Skin looks new and alert.
* Reduces pores.
* Get rid of blackheads.
* Great for all skin types.
* Natural ingredients.
* Paraben-free.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Hard to close.
* Rough on the skin in the beginning of usage.
* Messy.
* Kind of harsh on the skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...