Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Shiseido Waso Fresh Jelly Lotion

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

In May 2020, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here's my purchase. For this post, I will review one of the Waso from the top left.
I ordered two products of Waso. For this post, I will review the one on the left.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at shiseido.com
Price: $32 for 150 mL/5 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Fresh Jelly Lotion, an epic hydrating lotion with white jelly mushrooms. The jelly-like texture transforms into lotion on your skin, plumping from within. Apply morning and night after cleanser.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I've been really into Asian skin care and when I saw this on the Sephora website, I knew I had to try it out.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while using. It's very perfume-like. I would say on the floral side. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. I would have to say it's stronger when used than the smell from the packaging. Even though it's strong while using, it only lasts for a few minutes. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It's small and simple. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic and I mean really thick. The lid is also sturdy. It has a handle in the front that you lift and close. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. I also like that it's see through. You can see the product go down, as well as, see how much you squeeze out of the packaging. For this reason, you have full control of the quantity you squeeze. Even though you have full control of the squeezing, it's kind of hard to squeeze. You need to use strength to squeeze the product. I guess you can say it has a positive and a negative. Positive, in the sense, extra products will not come out. You squeeze the exact amount you need. Negative in that it's not easy to squeeze. Even thought it's not easy to squeeze, it is easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is jelly-like and I would say medium. You can see slight, cloudy thickness as you move the product inside the packaging. Once it hits your skin, you can see the thickness. After several seconds, it loosens up to a clear, lotion-like consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, this is the first product I use. I squeeze a dime size amount on the palm of my hand for my face and neck. I pat it all over the face and neck. It's refreshing, in the sense, it's cooling not in the tingling sensation. It leaves a slight sticky residue but it feels good on the skin. It's not greasy and it is extremely comfortable. It's quick absorbing and a little goes a long way with this product. Since you use this as a first step of the skin care routine, it's hard to say if it fully works. It's a mixture of products that improve the skin. All I could say is that its hydrating. My skin feels moist and soft. It leaves a slight thin layer on the skin to smooth out your skin. If you have pores, this is a good product to use to cover and smooth the pores for the next product. Lastly and with a combination of skin care products, my skin looks good especially during this dry winter weather. It even looks good the next morning. I'm glad I got this product. I've been a huge fan of Shiseido!

Pros:
* Scent lasts for a few minutes.
* Cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid with a handle; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* See through packaging; see product go down and how much you squeeze.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Jelly-like medium consistency.
* Melts into a lotion-like consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Refreshing.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Quick absorbing.
* Little goes a long way.
* Hydrating.
* Skin feels moist.
* Skin feels soft.
* Covers the pores.
* Great for all season even dry winter weather.
* Skin looks good the next day.

Cons:
* Strong scent while using.
* Need strength to squeeze.
* Slightly sticky.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...