Monday, December 7, 2020

Manicure Monday: AILA in Mister Pookies

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In January 2017, I volunteered at Generation Beauty LA 2017. Unfortunately, they ran out of the goody bags but they still got us another.
Here are the products I got. I already reviewed the sample Laneige BB Cushion in Light (middle left), Trust Fund Beauty in Going Commando (bottom left), Ciate in Hutch (bottom left), and Trust Fund Beauty in Rude Nude (bottom left). For this post, I will review a nail polish from AILA on the top right.
Product Review: AILA in Mister Pookies

Where to purchase: online at loveaila.com
Price: $14 for 0.50 fl oz/14.8 mL

Made in USA

Thoughts: I have never heard of this brand until I received it. It took me some time to wear it because of the color. I just didn't want to wear brown.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "steel grey with purple undertones." In all honesty, I was shocked. I thought it was dark brown and in some angles I saw purple.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is a lot thinner and the length is slightly shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of AILA in Mister Pookies, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush isn't something I would reach for. It's on the thinner side but it is doable. I just didn't clean the brush in the inside of the polish. It made it spread easily. I think it has to do with the consistency. Even though it spread easily, it did not go over the skin. With that said, I found it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean looking. I have never disliked any nail polish packaging. I know when I first received this polish, the handle was white. I do not know why it changed colored. Even though it changed colored, it doesn't bother me. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency that you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. I also found it easy to clean around the outside if you make a mistake. Fourth, the color is on the darker side. I thought it was a dark brown with purple looking at certain angles. Apparently, I was wrong. It's actually dark gray with purple undertones. Either way, it's an unique color that I recommend. It's really pretty and great for the fall/winter season. I highly recommend for the color! Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the third day and it got bigger as days went on. I hardly saw any chipping but one finger. It chipped on the side of one tip and that was it. It might had been from rubbing something but I am not too sure about that. That happened on the fourth day and that was it. I'm glad I got this polish. I learned a new brand and recommend just for the color!

Pros:
* Easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency.
* Medium consistency.
* Can take your time with painting; it will get not get clumpy.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Easy to clean the mistake while painting.
* Unique color!
* Great for fall and winter season.
* Pigmented.
* Shrinkage on the third day.
* Hardly any chipping.
* Parabens-free.
* Sulfates-free.
* Gluten-free.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Width of the brush is thin.
* Handle changed color.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...