Wednesday, July 24, 2019

purlisse Watermelon Energizing Aqua Balm

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I scheduled some posts for the time I was on vacation and thought I could continued when I come back. I was so wrong! I was so jet lag and now I'm starting to feel better. With that said, I got some products from The Makeup Show LA 2018.

Here are the goodies we received at the Press Preview. I already reviewed Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner (top middle), NYX Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette (top left), MustaeV Vitamin Sadness Mask (middle right), and Bioderma Sensibio H2O (top left). For this post, I will review the moisturizer from purlisse on the top middle.
Product Review: purlisse Watermelon Energizing Aqua Balm

Where to purchase: online at purlisse.com
Price: $24 for 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Made in Korea

Description from the package: Watermelon Energizing Aqua Balm is a lightweight, oil-free gel-cream balm that instantly energizes, refreshes and soothes skin while providing hydration. Watermelon is packed with Vitamins A, B & C and antioxidants that are vital for skin health. Aloe Vera and Cucumber soothes while White Tea protects skin from cellular damage.
Ingredients:
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycereth-26, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Benzyl Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/ VP Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Allantoin, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Raspberry Ketone, Fragrance, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Maltodextrin, 1,2 Hexanediol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Sargassum Fulvellum (Alga) Extract, Hizikia Fusiforme (Alga) Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida (Seaweed) Extract, Ecklonia Cava (Brown Seaweed) Extract
Thoughts: When I first received this product, I was excited. I thought the packaging was cute and who wouldn't want to try a watermelon scent moisturizer. Then I looked closely and noticed it's a balm. Having dry skin, I knew this wouldn't be a good match for my winter skin. For that reason, I waited until summer.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a closer look at the balm.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while applying. It's so light it's hard to distinguish the smell, but you know it's on the fruity side. The scent lasts for couple of minutes and then you don't smell anything anymore. I just sniffed the product and it smells the same as applying. I, personally, like the scent. Secondly, the packaging is so cute. It's adorable and lovely. If you're a girly girl, this is a good one. I'm not that girly but I still think the packaging is adorable. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of foil-like plastic packaging. It's a tube and easy to squeeze. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, it makes a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is gel-like and thin. It's easy to use. I squeezed a dime size onto the palm of my hand, and pat it all over the face and neck. It spreads easily and absorbs quickly. With this product, a little goes a long way. I was pretty impressed. Since I have dry skin, I thought I needed more product than someone who is normal or oily skin. The amount I used is most likely the same as for normal and oily individuals. Once the balm is absorbed, it leaves a nice smooth texture. It's not greasy at all, as well as, it kind of leaves a matte texture. If you are not looking for a dewy moisturizer, this is a good one. Even though I like my dewy moisturizer, this is still good. It feels good on the skin and I did not feel any tightness whatsoever. The packaging recommends for normal to oily skin individuals. I still think it's good for dry skin like myself. It'll be good for summer season where we don't deal with dry weather. I don't think it will be great for dry, winter weather but I could be wrong. I haven't tried it during that season. With that said, I took this balm with me during my vacation. I didn't take anything else because of the strict flight rules. I was worried it wouldn't hydrate me and thought I might deal with dryness. I was completely wrong. It worked better than I thought! It was hydrating and I didn't have to go to a store to purchase another moisturizer. Lastly, it lasts all day. I didn't need to reapply and it feels so comfortable on the skin. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's hydrating, comfortable, light-weight, and it smells amazing. I highly recommend for all skin types!

Pros:
* Light, fruity scent while applying.
* Adorable, girly packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Comes in a tube; easy to squeeze.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Thin, gel-like consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Spread easily.
* Absorbs quickly.
* A little goes a long way.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Not greasy.
* No tightness whatsoever.
* Great for normal to oily skin individuals.
* Good for dry skin during the summer season.
* Hydrating.
* Comfortable.
* Light-weight.
* Lasts all day and don't need to reapply.

Cons:
* Leaves a matte texture.
* Might not be good for dry skin individuals during the winter season.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other purlisse products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...