Wednesday, October 28, 2015

bareMinerals BareSkin Foundation in Bare Ivory

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2014, I went to my first Generation Beauty. I received so much goodies.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Benefit They're Real! Mascara (middle), bareMinerals Lipstick in Make Your Move (bottom right), China Glaze in Neon & On & On (top middle), Josie Maran Model Citizen Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (bottom left), Laneige BB Cushion (left), and L.A. Girl ColorPop in Lovely (top middle).
We were lucky enough to get bareMinerals foundation and brush. For this post, I will review the foundation on the top.
Product Review: bareMinerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation SPF20 in #04 Bare Ivory

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at bareescentuals.com
Price: $29 for 30 mL/ 1 fl oz

Made in USA

Description on the package: A breakthrough tone correcting mineral foundation and skincare serum in one. Created with exceptional purity in mind, this ultra-thin, skin-perfecting fluid provides seamless, adjustable coverage, a natural finish and the look and feel of beautiful bare skin while delivering a more noticeably brighter, youthful appearance. Made with the bare minimum ingredients and formulated without water, oil, silicone, parabens or fragrance. It's like nothing you've ever felt before.

FORMULATED WITHOUT:
* Water
* Oil
* Silicone
* Parabens
* Fragrance
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Active Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was extremely excited. I heard great things about this product and at the time, I was stoke to get a new product. Of course, it's not new now. I have a tendency to use one face product at a time.
Here's a closer picture of the opening.
Here's a swatch of the foundation on my hand.
Here's how the foundation looks on me.
Here's an overall look with makeup. I have Cailyn Touch of Sunset Mineral Eyeshadow Powder on my eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a slight scent. I guess it's how all foundation smells but it doesn't bother me. I only notice the scent the first couple of seconds during application. Secondly, the consistency of the product is on the light side. I think it's thin and the coverage is in-between thin to medium. With that said, it's easy to apply. They gave us a brush that is recommended with the foundation. I used it several times in the beginning and did not like it much. I will review the brush in the future. Then I moved to Beauty Blender type of sponges. It's extremely easy to use and blends well. Third, like I said the coverage is in-between thin to medium. It doesn't cover my freckles, dark spots, and acne that well but it gives me a glow. My skin looks youthful and smooth. Basically, it's more a tint than a foundation in my opinion. Also, you need to shake the bottle before using. If you don't, there was some separation. I believe the foundation separated from the serum but not too sure. I just noticed separation of color from oil. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. It might be because I have dry skin. Most face products last all day. I can see people with oily skin needing to reapply. This is good for people who wants tinted glow.

Pros:
* Sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Sanitary-safe.
* Light weight.
* Thin to medium consistency.
* Great for people who don't like thick consistency on the face.
* Easy to apply.
* Gives one, smooth texture.
* Skin looks youthful.
* Glow to the skin.
* Lasted all day on me.
* No water, oil, silicone, and parabens.

Cons:
* Slight scent.
* Does not cover freckles, dark spots, and acne.

Would repurchase: Maybe for a tint.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other bareMinerals products reviewed/swatch:
Moxie Lipstick
Make Your Move

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...