Friday, October 9, 2015

September Favorites and Finished Products 2015

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Skin Food, RegenFX, ERA Ageless, CoverGirl, and Lancome. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD Watch E-gift Certificate Giveaway. It ends October 27, 2015.


September Favorites

Skin Food Peach Sake Sun Lotion SPF32 PA++: My sister-in-law bought this for me as a gift. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to try this product. When it comes to sunscreen products, I'm a huge fan of Asian brands. They seem better than American brands or it might just be me. My skin seems to absorb the products, whereas, American brands just lay on top of the skin. When it lays on top of the skin, it only protects the outer layer of the skin not inner. For that reason knowing that the sunscreen is absorbed, I know it's protecting both UVA and UVB. It also doesn't leave a white cast.

RegenFX Age Defying Moisturizer: I received this product to review (waiting for it to be approved). This is a great moisturizer. It's not too heavy and not too thin. This would be great for every skin types from oily to dry like myself. Not only that and combination with their serum and eye gel, I noticed my skin looked healthier. I noticed less noticeable fine lines.

Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat: I'm so glad I saw this in the clearance section at Nordstrom Rack. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't have tried it. This is a great top coat. It dries fast. I wouldn't say as fast as Seche Vite but close to it. Not only that, it leaves a nice shiny texture. If you made a mistake with polish, the top coat will smooth it out and make it look new. The one thing I like about this top coat compared to Seche Vite is that it doesn't thicken after using it half way. It does thicken but it thickens after using 3/4 of the bottle. That's much better but then again, nothing a nail thinner cannot fix!

Kate Eye Shadow in BR-1: I cannot remember if I bought this or received it as a gift from another blogger. I know that sounds bad but at least I remember who the blogger is. :X This is an eyeshadow palette that you can only get from Japan or stores that sell Japanese products. This is my go to palette when I don't want to think. It's extremely simple to use, looks natural, and just look good. Plus, I don't have to think since it's only two colors.

L'Oreal Colour Riche La Lacque in Choco-Lacque: Since I bought this, I've been using this often. It's just a gorgeous, neutral color that I can wear in daily basis. Not only that, it's extremely easy to apply and know that I cannot make a mistake applying. Plus, it's just plain gorgeous!


September Finished Products
ERA Ageless Repair & Restore Facial Peeling Gel: I received samples to review. After using peeling gel, I think I might be a fan. It reminds me of Korean spa experience where they remove the dead, outer layer to get to the new skin. For that reason, the skin looks alert and youthful. Of course, it isn't as harsh/painful as the spa experience. It could also be mental but I like seeing the dead skin in the sink. I know that sounds nasty but that's how I feel. :X

Would repurchase: Yes.

RegenFX Age Defying Moisturizer: I received this product. It's also in my month favorites, picture above. I won't repeat what I said, but this is a good moisturizer or at least my skin loved it.

Would repurchase: Yes.

CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara in Very Black: I received this product. I'm thankful I did. I love this mascara! Not only did it hold my straight, Asian lashes but kept the curl. It also made it look full. That's what I look for a mascara that gives me volume, full lashes.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Lancome Bi-Facial Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover: This was part of gift with purchase. I'm a huge fan of this eye makeup remover. It removes the eye makeup really well and it's easy to use. You have to shake the remover to mix the oil with the solution. Then I use a cotton to remove the makeup. It's fast and not harsh on my sensitive skin around my eyes.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Victoria's Secret Ultra-Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream in Secret Escape: I bought this when Victoria's Secret had a sale. I think it was 7 for a certain price. I cannot remember. To be honest, the reason why I bought this is because my co-workers all use Victoria's Secret lotions. From what I remember long time ago, I wasn't a fan. For that reason, it held me back. I thought why not try it again I might be wrong. It's not bad but I definitely wouldn't say it's great. It's a light lotion and the scent doesn't last that long. Maybe it's just me but if I pay for a scented lotion, I want it to last a certain time. I also think it's good for the summer season when I don't need much hydration but when it comes to winter, this will not do for me. I need a thicker moisturizer. Now that I know what type of lotion this is, I use it as a hand moisturizer at my work. Even with that, it's still not that hydrating. So far I have tried three and this is the best smelling one from those. It has a sweet, floral scent that I like. It can also be kind of fruity. I cannot distinguish the scent but I like it.

Would repurchase: No.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Skin Food, RegenFX, ERA Ageless, CoverGirl, and Lancome. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...