Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Laneige BB Cushion in Light

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

At the end of May 2014, I went to Generation Beauty for the first time and I received tons of goodies.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Benefit They're Real! Mascara (middle), bareMinerals Lipstick in Make Your Move (bottom right), China Glaze in Neon & On & On (top middle), and Josie Maran Model Citizen Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (bottom left). For this post, I will review Laneige BB Cushion samples we received on the left.

Where to purchase: Target and online at target.com
Price: $34 (0.21 oz/ 6 g (2g x 3) for the samples)

Made in Korea

Description from the package:
BB Cushion Technology
No messy creams. No stained palms. The patented cushion air-pumps just the right amount of makeup. Puts you in control to prime and perfect the texture. Customize the coverage and the finish...naturally and easily. Apply where and as often as you like, with no buildup or bother.

Flawless Skin is just 1 step away with 5-in-one Cushion Form Technology:
1: Brightens: Brightening technology visibly reduces dark spots and unevenness; instantly creates the appearance of luminous skin.
2. Protects: Unequalled SPF50+, UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum blocks harmful rays.
3. Cools and Moisturizes: Optimal Mineral Water and 30% moisture hydrate, calm, and cool upon application.
4. Prevents Shine: Exclusive sweat-proof oil inhibitor regulates and prevents sebum buildup.
5. Perfects Long Lasting Coverage: Laneige BB Cushion delivers seamless, ultra-smooth coverage and a super radiant finish throughout the day.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I saw Laneige booth at Generation Beauty, my mouth almost dropped. I'm a huge fan of this brand not because I'm Korean. I grew up watching my mom use this brand, and I saw how well it worked on her. The only reason that held me back from using this line is how costly it is. When I heard Target is going to carry this brand, I got super excited! Unfortunately, my Targets aren't that great. They don't carry them. :(
Here's the samples I received from Laneige. I love that they gave you all the shades not just one.
Here's a closer picture of the cushion.
It also comes with a puff.
This is the patented antimicrobial puff.
Here are the swatches from left to right; Light, Medium, and Dark.
Here's how Light looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the BB Cushion.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a slight scent but it's not noticeable. I only noticed while sniffing with my nose. I'm not too sure what it smells like but it isn't bothersome. Secondly, I wasn't too sure what a cushion was. Now that I tried the sample, it's all making sense. Basically, it's a sponge that has absorbed BB Cream or at least that's how I see it. Even though it's a sponge, it does not dry out the product or at least I haven't noticed. It's something to think about when you do purchase the full size. How long does the product last? I also love that it comes in a compact and you can carry with you all day. It's easier than a tube or at least for me. Third and when I swatched the shades on my hand, I thought I would be a Medium. When I first applied it on my face, Medium was too dark for me. I ended up using Light and it oxidized to my skin. I would say I'm in-between Light to Medium. I guess you can say I could have mixed the colors but I prefer to buy the shade that's suppose to be my color. It's kind of a waste to buy two shades and mixed them to match my skin or maybe it's just me. Thankfully and with all Asian BB Creams, they oxidized to your skin. You can't go wrong if it's close to your skin tone. One thing I did noticed, the shades are darker than most Asian BB Creams. Maybe it's just me but I noticed American BB Creams run dark and Asian run light. This BB Cushion fits perfectly with the American brand. I also like that it has a yellowish tone rather than pink. It's good for olive/yellow skin like myself. Fourth, I don't know what to think about the puff. I think it's cool that it comes with a puff but the idea of re-puffing throughout the day. It just doesn't sound too sanitary safe. I honestly think they should sell a pack of puffs or have a puff cleaner that people can carry. That's just my two cents. With that said, the puff is easy to use. It leaves a smooth application on the face. I didn't see any streaking. I would consider the BB Cushion more a medium consistency. It's not too light and leaves a tint where my freckles really show through. It's also not thick and covers all my freckles. It's a medium consistency where it makes you look natural but covers some imperfections. Lastly, it lasted all day on me.

Pros:
* SPF 50+.
* Not noticeable scent.
* Comes in a compact.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes in 3 shades.
* Oxides.
* Comes with a puff that leaves a smooth application.
* Medium consistency.
* Covers some of my freckles.
* Did not dry out my skin.
* Lasted all day on me.

Cons:
* Can be in-between shades.
* Puff isn't the most sanitary safe.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Sachi said...

I have a sample of this too and really need to finally try it!

Kim A. said...

I've been hearing about Laneige! I want to try their cleansing oil. A blogger raved about it. This looked great on you, but I understand about mixing colors. That's expensive and frustrating. I think medium would work for me, but bb creams don't give me enough coverage.

Ahleessa said...

I love Laneige. They always been a great brand for my mother. I just feel like it's overpriced at Target. That's the same price as getting it at my local Korean beauty store. :/

Ahleessa said...

Oh you should try it! I need to hear what you think of it... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...