Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Outer Beauty Konjac Sponge Puff with Mineral Rich French Pink Clay

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last year at PHAMExpo (2014), I bought one Outer Beauty Konjac Sponge.

Product Review: Outer Beauty Konjac Sponge Puff with Mineral Rich French Pink Clay

Where to purchase: online at outerbeautycosmetics.com
Price: $10

Made in USA

Description from the package: Outerbeauty's Konjac Sponge Puff is made from good grade Konjac powder and mineral rich French Pink Clay. Konjac powder is made from the root of the Konjac potato. The Japanese have been eating Konjac (a Jelly-like health food) for over a millennium.
* Perfect for dehydrated skin
* Increases skin softness, elasticity and brightness
* Gentle enough for delicate areas like around the eyes
* Balances skin pH
* Gently deep cleanses & exfoliates skin
* Naturally moisturizes & neutralizes skin
* Leaves skin feeling refreshed with a natural sheen
Thoughts: I've heard great things about Konjac Sponges. When I saw PHAMExpo had a booth with Konjac Sponges, I had to grab one. Out of all the Konjac Sponges, this intrigued me since it's good for dehydrated skin.
Here's how the sponge looks as soon as I took it out of the package.
Here's how the sponge looks after I get it soaked.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent whatsoever. I also need to be honest. This isn't actually my first Konjac Sponge. This is my second. The first was pureSOL Konjac Facial Sponge with Added Bamboo Charcoal. I purchased this before I used the pureSOL. Secondly and unlike the first Konjac Sponge, the sponge comes out moist. I thought that was the size it increases to when it's soaked. I was wrong. When you soak the sponge, it gets bigger. Once it dries, it becomes rough like a rock. That was how the first Konjac Sponge was as well. Third, it's extremely easy to use. It feels like you're washing your face with a sponge. The first week I used it alone with no cleanser. The weeks after I used with a cleanser. I find it easier to use with a cleanser. It breaks down the steps making it one less. Okay, I admit it I'm just lazy. Lastly, my skin felt clean and smooth. The main purpose of this sponge is to hydrate or help in that area. I didn't notice the difference before and after the sponge. My skin felt the same. On the other hand, it didn't dry out my skin. I did notice my face felt cleaner especially around the nose area. I have huge pores and blackheads. It helped but didn't completely get rid of my blackheads.

Pros:
* Cute packaging; pink heart.
* No scent.
* Easy to use.
* Can be used alone or with a cleanser.
* Not harsh on the skin.
* Did not dry out the skin.
* Skin felt cleaner.
* Less noticeable pores around the nose.
* Biodegradable.
* Balances skin pH.
* Chemical & preservative Free.

Cons:
* Did not hydrate the skin.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Konjac Sponge products reviewed:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...