Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

On August 2016, I attended NYX Face Awards. At the event, there was a section where they were doing a beauty test. I aced it and got a huge bag full of goodies. I also got a goody bag at the end of the event.
I took this picture from my Instagram. Here are the items I got. For this post, I will review a product from Redken on the top middle.
At the end of the event, I received a goody bag. Inside there was a small bag with deluxe samples of Redken products. For this post, I will review the product on the left.
Product Review: Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer Cream

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at redken.com
Price: $24 for 5 fl oz/ 150 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Nourishing treatment blow-dry hair primer cream is ideal for all hair types, especially dry, thick or coarse. Reduces blow-dry time, protects from heat up to 450 degrees, helps reduce breakage and provides 24-hour lasting volume without weighing hair down. After using the blow-dry primer cream, hair is left 3x stronger and healthier and perfectly primed for any styling. It's the first step for every blow-dry that needs extra care and nourishment!

* Hydrating and nourishing cream
* Protects from heat up to 450 degrees
* Reduces blow-dry time
* Helps prevent breakage
* 3x stronger and healthier hair
* Boosts the benefit of styling products
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, TRISILOXANE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, AMINOPROPYL TRIETHOXYSILANE, ISODODECANE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, LACTIC ACID, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, SORBITOL, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, PEG-14 DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-7, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, GERANIOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ISOEUGENOL (D177440/1)
Thoughts: I finished my heat protector and went through the products I have. I saw this product and decided to give it a try.
Here's the opening of the tube.
Here's a sample of the primer cream on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. Since it's so light, I cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it has a sweet, floral smell to it. It smells nice. It's my type of scent. Secondly, I don't own the full-size. I only have the deluxe sample. It definitely does not look like the packaging of the full-size. I will only talk about the deluxe sample. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. I do recommend putting it in a Ziploc bag. I do not know if it's because I have a sample from years ago, but you can see oil separated from the cream. It also doesn't help that the top is on the bottom not on the top. With gravity, it makes the oil fall to the bottom. The quick fix is to shake the tube before using. Once shaken, you will not see a separation. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it doesn't get absorbed into the hair. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After showering and towel drying my hair, I squeeze a small nickel size on the palm of my hand. Then I pat my two hands together and apply throughout the hair. I mostly concentrate on the ends of the hair. Then I blow dry my hair after a minute. It takes about that long to be absorbed. I've been using this product for couple of months now. To be honest, I do not notice a difference but that might be the key. It's not supposed to damage the hair. It's supposed to be hydrating. I definitely think my hair is healthy the first two days of using the hair care product after showering. On the other hand, it could be a mixture of products I use. It's hard to judge. All I know is my hair looks good for someone who is constantly bleaching the hair. It's soft, smooth, and does not weigh the hair down. Lastly, the hair still looks good the next morning. I have not experienced dry hair unless I do not wash my hair more than two days. It looks good for the first two days. My hair looks healthy, shiny, and I do not see split ends. I am glad I got this product. I see hair stylists use heat protector products and I trust what they do. For this reason, I continue with heat protector. Did it cut down drying time? I feel like it's the same.

Pros:
* A slight scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Hydrating.
* Hair is healthy.
* Hair is soft and smooth.
* Does not weigh the hair down.
* Hair is shiny.
* No split ends.

Cons:
* Oil and cream are separated.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Redken products reviewed/swatch:
Color Extend Magnetics Sulfate-Free

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...