Monday, July 12, 2021

Manicure Monday: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics in Deven Green

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This is a repeat of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics in Deven Green that I reviewed in March 2014.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. Unfortunately, OCC is not in business anymore.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is slightly brighter on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, it's slightly thinner and slightly longer. I would say the width is in-between thin to medium.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of OCC in Deven Green, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is a decent width. Even though it's not wide, the consistency made it easy to paint three strokes and move on to the next nail. I like curve tips. Even though it doesn't have a curve tip, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. Since it has been years since I got this polish, I think the consistency got thicker. Once it gets thick, I will soften it with a thinner. For now, the consistency is alright. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs. The polish dries matte. For this reason, it makes me paint faster than I should. You can see it go from shiny to matte within seconds. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a bright neon green. It's a gorgeous spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the tips on the second day. I think it was because of the new top coat I was using not the nail polish itself. I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I am glad I got this polish. The color is unique especially in my collection!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OCC products I have reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...