Friday, July 5, 2019

MGS Beauty Matte Liquid Lipstick in Posh

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from MGS Beauty.

I received two liquid lipsticks. For this post, I will review one of the liquid lipsticks.
Product Review: MGS Beauty Matte Liquid Lipstick in Posh

Where to purchase: online at mgsaccessories.com
Price: $20

Description from the package: Dull up your lips in plush and vibrant color! Our long-lasting, kiss proof liquid lipstick glides on and sets into a striking matte finish. This long-lasting lippie creates a polished look with every swipe.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I was approached about this product, I said yes! I didn't have to think twice. I don't know how many years it has been I've been into liquid lipsticks but I'm still into it. I just love the feel of knowing nothing transfers onto my thermo water bottle. I don't like seeing the lip stain and spending the time wiping it off.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "dusty pink nude" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Melt Eyeshadow Stack in Rust on my eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like vanilla and it only lasts while applying. To be honest, you get used to the scent and you only notice for a minute or two. Afterwards, you don't realize there's a scent whatsoever. It's that light. I just sniffed the product and it's lighter than applying. You do smell the vanilla but minimal. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and the rose gold on top makes it modern. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to hold with one hand and small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, it comes with a typical doe foot applicator you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's slanted on one side of the tip. The tip helps outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is liquidity with slight creaminess. I wouldn't completely say it's liquid, at the same time, it's definitely not creamy. It's in-between liquid to cream. It's a good consistency. It goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. While you are applying, it has slight shine and you can see it dry to matte. I would say it dries within couple to several minutes. Once it dries, it adheres to the lips and that comes with all drying liquid lipsticks. For this reason, you need to prep before apply the liquid lipsticks. I recommend exfoliating and hydrating the lips the night before or several hours ahead. If you apply on top of hydrated lips that has some balm and you think the balm absorbed into the skin, you are wrong. The first time I applied the liquid lipstick the lips stuck together. It was extremely uncomfortable. The second time I applied on top of dry lips with nothing on and you can feel slight stickiness. It's not to the point it's bothersome like the first time around. It just left slight stickiness when I pressed my lips together. If I didn't I wouldn't know, whereas, the first time I knew it felt different on the lips. Going back to the liquid lipsticks adhering to the lips. For this particular reason, it shows the fine and thick lines. I must say this leaves the smoothest texture I have seen on my lips. It does leave some lines but most part it looks smooth. I'm pretty impressed! Once the liquid lipstick is dried, there's no transfer whatsoever on the cups. I sometimes see slight color from the inner lips but you will not with this product. I also kissed my hand and no mark whatsoever. It has to be one of the best transfer-proof liquid lipstick. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's a pinkie mauve color. I can see a lot of people wearing this particular color! It's great for everyday and all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it's close. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. I'm pretty impressed with the smooth texture, pigmentation, how it doesn't transfer, and how long-lasting it is!

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Smells like light vanilla.
* Simple packaging with rose gold top.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Comes with a typical doe foot applicator; tip to outline the lips and flat surface to fill in remaining.
* In-between liquid to cream consistency.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Dries to matte.
* Smoothest texture on the lips I have seen.
* Transfer-proof; will not see mark from the inner lips as well.
* Pretty color!
* Popular color.
* Great for everyday.
* Great for all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* No drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Slight stickiness; lips will stick to each other when pressed.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...