Wednesday, December 6, 2017

doucce Luscious Lip Stain in Hollywood Magic

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive the Holiday 2017 Set from doucce.

I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the lip stain in the middle.
Product Review: doucce Luscious Lip Stain in #616 Hollywood Magic / Holiday 2017 Set

Where to purchase: online at doucce.com
Price: $28 for 6 g (color stain) and 6 g (clear stain)

Made in USA

Description from the website: The ultimate dual action lip paint that lets you to choose between a matte and glossy finish. The full coverage base colour goes on matte and lasts all day without transferring or feathering. The highly pigmented texture applies smoothly and evenly, giving your lips a plumped and sculpted look. The glossy topcoat provides a multi-dimensional and vibrant shine, for that perfect night out look.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I received this lip stain, I was intrigued. I was curious how long it will last, if it will stain my lips, and so on.
Here's a closer look at the stain.
Here's a closer look at the applicator of the stain.
Here's a closer look at the gloss. It's not see through.
Here's a closer look at the brush for the gloss.
Here's a swatch of the lip stain on my hand. I didn't swatch the gloss since it's a shiny, clear topper.
Here's how the stain looks alone on me.
Here's how the stain and gloss looks on me.
Here's an overall look with doucce Freematic Master Pro Palette from the Holiday 2017 Set on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while applying the stain. The first thing that came to mind is chocolate/mocha for some reason. The gloss on the other hand is light and cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed both products and the stain does smell like chocolate/mocha. The gloss smells kind of musky but it's light. They're both doable. Secondly, the packaging is interesting. They're both 6 grams but the gloss is bigger physically in size. I'm not too sure why. With that said, they're both well-made and sturdy. They're both made out of firm plastic packaging but the stain is see through. It's good if you own more than one. You can distinguish them apart easily. The gloss really doesn't have to be see through since all the lip stains have the same gloss. I do see fingermarks on the packaging of the gloss, as well as, the top of the stain. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, the doe foot applicator of the stain is a typical applicator you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's easy to outline the lips and fill in the remaining. The gloss, on the other hand, is stiff and pointy. It can be kind of painful if you stab your lips. I highly recommend applying it gently but it spreads easily on the lips. Third, the consistency of the stain reminds me of liquid lipsticks. It's liquidity and dries quickly. I would say it dries within minutes depending how thinly you apply; thinner the applicator quicker it dries. Since it adheres to the lips, it falls in-between the lines. Thankfully, it only shows the fine lines. I'm not too keen on my thick lines but fine lines look fine. Once it dries, it is transfer-proof. I do recommend exfoliating before you apply the stain. It will show all the dry patches. If you apply the gloss on top of the stain, imperfections are less noticeable. With that said, the gloss makes the stain look really shiny. If you're not into shiny lip products, I highly recommend passing on the gloss. The gloss adds slight stickiness but not to the point you cannot deal with it. Fourth, the color is a perfect holiday red. Red is in all year long but most people prefer it for the holiday parties. You can tell from the pictures this is a great warm tone red. Pigmentation-wise it's pretty pigmented. You are definitely paying for the color. Lastly, it lasted all day long until you remove it with a remover. The food did not break down the texture or at least it did not on me. It's comfortable but it is slightly drying. A lip balm can fix the dryness. The gloss also helps with the dryness. At the end of the day, I removed it with micellar water and it came off easily. It did not leave a stain. I'm thankful for trying this product. It's a good product and long lasting!

Pros:
* Both stain and gloss has doable scent.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Made out of firm plastic packaging.
* Stain is made out of see through packaging; great to distinguish if you own more than one.
* Top is sturdy; feel a tight seal when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Nice applicator.
* Gloss spreads easily on the lips.
* Stain applies and dries like a liquid lipsticks.
* Consistency of the stain is liquidity.
* Stain dries quickly.
* Stain adheres to the lips.
* Stain only shows the fine lines.
* Strain is transfer-proof.
* Gloss is really shiny.
* Great holiday red.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented!
* Comfortable.
* Gloss is hydrating.
* Removes easily.
* Did not leave a stain on the lips.
* Lasted all day on me.
* Long lasting!

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Strong chocolate/mocha scent with the stain.
* Fingermarks on the packaging of the gloss and the top of the stain.
* Brush of the gloss is stiff and pointy.
* Gloss is slightly sticky.
* Stain is slightly drying.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...