Friday, January 13, 2017

Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Matte Lipstick in Lady Balls

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Beginning of December 2016, I purchased Too Faced Liquified Lipstick Set at Sephora. It was for the holidays.

Unfortunately, it's not sold anymore but you can buy each lip product individually.
Here are the lip products. I already reviewed Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick in Chocolate Honey (top), and Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in Chihuahua and Fig (second and third from the top). For this review, I will review the last lip product on the bottom.
Product Review: Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Matte Lipstick in Lady Balls

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, department stores, and online at toofaced.com
Price: $21 for 0.23 fl oz/ 7 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Matte color gets a Melt-over! Our innovative formula glides over lips like a gloss but dries to an ultra-matte opaque finish. Infused with a no-sting lip plumper and filler, Melted Matte ensures color always look rich, full, kissable - never dry, shriveled or cracked. Doe-foot applicator comfortably coats lips in bursts of intense, saturated matte color that lasts for hours.

More To Love:
* Infused with Volulip™ for no-sting plumping and smoothing to prep lips for matte color.
* Creamy, matte color-rich formula wears comfortably.
* Lightweight, long-wearing formula.
* Features Avocado Oil, Vitamin E, and Hyaluronic Filling Spheres.
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Kaolin, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d'Abeille, Talc, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil/Persea Gratissima Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sucrose Cocoate, Tocopherol. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360).
Thoughts: I've been curious about this product since it came out. Plus, it doesn't help that I'm a liquid lipstick fan. To be honest, this isn't the first Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Matte Lipstick I own. I actually bought one several weeks before this one. I just happen to use this one first.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "matte true red" and I agree.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator. It's flat on one side of the tip.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand.
Here's how the lip product looks on me.
Here's an overall look with The Body Shop eyeshadow palette on the eyes.
Here's how the lip product looks as a stain/ombre on my lips.
Here's an overall look as a stain/ombre with the same eyeshadow palette from The Body Shop.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight smell. I'm not too sure about the scent but it's more on the plant-side. Secondly, I have the mini-size. It looks exactly like the full-size. I actually like the packaging. It doesn't look like every round liquid lipsticks out in the market. The shape of the packaging stands out because of it's uniqueness. With that said, it's a well-made package. I don't see any finger marks, scratches, and it's extremely travel-friendly. I cannot see it leak or break unless you are rough with the package. Also, it has the typical doe foot applicator all liquid lipsticks have. It's flat on one side of the tip. I found it kind of hard to outline the lips and get at the corners, but it could also be from the color. Third, it's a liquidity consistency like all liquid lipsticks. It's gentle and does not tug on the lips. It goes on easily and dries within minutes. Once it dries, it's transfer-proof. I recommend you scrub and moisturize before you apply the liquid lipstick or else it'll show all your imperfections like dry patches. Fourth, the color is red. It's bright and out there. It'll look good all year round with light makeup. It's not an everyday color for sure, but it's pretty if you can pull it off. I, personally, think it doesn't look good on me. For that reason, I made it more a stain/ombre than full color. With that said, I'm impressed with pigmentation. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after I eat. I noticed most of the colors came off the center but that's expected with liquid lipsticks. For a liquid lipstick, it's comfortable and I did not see any drying. There were no white residue in the center of the lips.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Stands out; unique shaped packaging.
* Well-made package; no finger marks and scratches.
* Travel-friendly.
* Liquidity consistency.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Goes on easily.
* Dries within minutes.
* Transfer-proof.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.
* Comfortable.
* Did not dry out my lips.

Cons:
* Difficulty lining the outside of the lips and the corners.
* Most of the colors came off the center of the lips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Too Faced products reviewed/swatch:
Baked Eyeshadow
Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color
Mascara
Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick 
Melted Liquified Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...