Monday, January 16, 2017

Manicure Monday: JulieG in Sunset Kiss

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Jesses Girl.

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here are the products I received.
I received three nail products. For this post, I will review the nail polish in the middle.
Product Review: JulieG in Sunset Kiss

Where to purchase: Rite Aid and online at jessesgirlcosmetics.com
Price: $3.99 for 0.35 fl oz/ 10 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Just like the sun before she sets on the day, this red shimmer lights up your life.
Ingredients:
ETHYL ACETATE, BUTYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, PROPYL ACETATE, TOSYLAMIDE / FORMALDEHYDE RESIN, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, TRIMETHYL PENTANYL DIISOBUTYRATE, TRIPHENYL PHOSPHATE, ETHYL TOSYLAMIDE, CAMPHOR, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, DIACETONE ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, BENZOPHENONE-1, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE. May contain: MICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, RED IRON OXIDE, BLACK IRON OXIDE, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE, FD&C YELLOW #5 ALUMINUM LAKE,D&C RED #6 BARIUM LAKE, D&C RED #7 CALCIUM LAKE, D&C RED #30 LAKE, D&C RED #34 CALCIUM LAKE, ALUMINUM POWDER, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, GUANINE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE (AND) TITANIUM DIOXIDE
Thoughts: I've heard great things about JulieG polishes. For that reason, I was excited to receive some and the first thing I grabbed.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "red shimmer" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the length is the same and the width is thinner. The width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 2 coats of JulieG in Sunset Kiss, and topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat. Then on the ring finger I applied Born Pretty Stamping Template in M71 that I had a long time ago and topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat again.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush I enjoy but it wasn't that bad. I did have slight difficulties painting around the cuticles but that's just me. It doesn't mean you will have trouble. I'm just not experienced painting my nails. For the sides, it was easy. The reason why I like medium to thick brushes is how quickly I can paint my nails, couple strokes and I'm done. Even though the brush is on the thin side, I grabbed a huge chunk of polish and painted my nails. I didn't really have to re-dip to grab more polish. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium. It's not thin that it runs and it's not thick that I have to paint quickly. I'm able to take my time without it drying and getting thick. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking. Third, the color is bright red with sparkles/slight glitters. It's a great winter color but you can wear it all year round. With that said, I'm impressed with the pigmentation. It's extremely opaque on the first coat. You can stop at one coat but I applied two Not only that, it's a pretty unique color. They said it's red but it looks reddish-pink at some angles. I also got a lot of compliments! Lastly, I noticed shrinkage on the third day. It's very minimal and not that noticeable. I only noticed because I examined it closely. With that said, I saw slight chipping on the sides of the tips on the fifth day. It's very minimal again. For my first time using Jesses Girl polish, I'm pretty impressed. It's a good quality polish for a cheap price. Not only that, it was easy to remove the glitters. Even though it's small glitters, it usually take effort to remove. This didn't take any effort at all.

Pros:
* Medium consistency.
* Can paint without it drying and getting thick.
* Went on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* Opaque on first coat.
* Unique color.
* Slight chipping on the tips on the fifth day.
* Good quality polish for a cheap price.
* Easy to remove the glitters.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Thin brush.

Would repurchase:Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...