Monday, February 16, 2009

Nail Tutorial: French Tip (NOTW #5), Collective Haul, and How to Top Coat the Labels of Your Brushes

I hope everyone's Valentine's Day was good!!! :) I'm sure you guys had it better than me... lol~ I was sick in bed with a 100 degree fever *sigh*. Thankfully, I'm much better now! I also thank the people who wished me to get well!!! I love you guys for caring! :)


Now to my post... I was requested by a reader to do a nail tutorial on this look (click here). It was my NOTW #3, but I'm not too sure if she even reads my blog... hehe~ Oh well, I'll still post it for anyone who is interested in the way I do a French tip. By the way, I changed the colors but it's still the same concept.

What I used:
(L-R: OPI Base Coat, OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue!, L.A. Colors Art Deco in White, and Seche Vite Top Coat)

Step 1:
Start off with a base coat then color the tip with the color of your choice, mine was OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue! (don't you love the name?... hehe~). I swipe it from side to side on my nail. I do it two times to make the color pop.

Step 2:
Then I got my L.A. Colors Art Deco in White and tried to draw a thin line right above the French tip. I apologize it's not the best line ever!!! :X I'm sure you guys can draw a better line than me... hehe~ ;)

Step 3:
I end it with a top coat. I know it's not the best I've done but I did like the color choices... hehe~ :)


I want to show some of the things I got in the past several weeks... hehe~
I know a lot of people buy stuff from ebay but if you ever check out the Soompi selling & trading section of the forum, you can actually buy products cheaper than ebay or some online stores. The only problem is that shipping isn't that fast compared to online stores and ebay. :/ I guess it's a balance thing... hehe~ You take one or the other. I bought these from Soompi. I bought Epistick (facial hair remover), 3-in-1 Mascara Applicator/Protector/Comb, and velcro fringe sticker in pink (comes with two).
I also checked out the Hello Kitty Collection at the MAC store. I knew I wanted one blush, but I fell in love with the brush holder. I couldn't refuse!!!... hehe~ The funny thing is I was so sure I was going to get the pink blush but I ended up getting the orange one, Fun & Games.
The sales person put each blush on each cheeks, and she recommended the orange one on me. I wasn't too sure about what she was saying until I walked to the mirror. I looked like a clown with the pink blush... lol~ :X I'm actually happy with the orange blush because I'm starting to wonder off the typical colors I buy! :)
After checking out the MAC store, I had to check out my favorite hair accessory store... hehe~ Anyone who knows me well knows I love hair accessories or any type of accessories like earrings. I saw this hair clip and I had to buy it!!! It looks like one hair piece, but actually their two hair clips. They're so cute (kawaii)!!! :)


I'm going to end this post with a tutorial how to paint the label of your MAC brushes or any other type with a top coat.

What you need:
(L-R: tape, scissors, and top coat)

With the tape, tape it all around the label as close to the label as possible. Once you did all four sides, you can paint a thin layer of your choice of top coat. I used Seche Vite Top Coat. I let it sit for several hours and then I take the tape off. Now you're done!!! :)

If you're wondering why I do this, its because as time goes on with washing and touching the label. The label will be rubbed off eventually. If you put a top coat, the label will permanently be there for a long time. It goes the same with scratches on your car. If you get a slight scratch, put a top coat over it. As time goes on, the scratch will not get bigger... hehe~ ;)

18 comments:

kawaiikao said...

that IS a great color combo!! yay for hello kitty!! i'm supposed to get my stuff today in the mail. i keep checking the mailbox every 1/2 hour...i can't wait!! ooh! how does that facial hair removal thingy work??

Digital Angel said...

That Epistick looks very interesting I wonder how it removes facial hair. I wanna try it !!! :P
I think their brush holder is very cute, I am glad you got the one you wanted.
By the way, I posted my picture even it's half of my face lol so you can see it hehe.
I have a breakout the otherside, so I only took a half of my face picture lol

fuzkittie said...

The nail colors really go nicely together! :D Very preppy looking nails, hehe. Cute!

Sofia said...

nice tutorials...lovely haul

AskMeWhats said...

I hope you get better! that is bad to be sick!!!! Stay healthy and I love your nails, I love how you cut it :D Great day to you!

Jo said...

those are the only things i'm interested in buying from the HK collection too! hehe

good idea with the brush handles =)

Mona said...

can't wait for my nails to grow out so i can do these nail stuff! haha

awww you got the hk brush set. i just wanted the hk brush holder :T

Yumeko said...

ooh thats cool [the top coat, i never knew]

hope u are feeling better!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Nice MAC haul!! I am waiting for my Fun and Games too!! looks so pretty :D the brushes are cute. Love you nails, very cute!

makemeup said...

i love that blue french nail! I always been using red, white and black, but never blue before. and it looks really good! hehe

Jnie said...

you're tempting me more to get that brush set. I must resist. hows the quality of the brushes?
lol...i do that to my brushes too, I hate when the # fades.

paperdollrevenge said...

I feel so tempted to get more MAC HK items just for the cute packaging! The blush packaging is particularly cute and I like the one you got too, even though I already have similar colored blushes.

My voice changes...it's always weird to hear my voice recorded, but sometimes it's husky and sometimes it's girly high like a 5 year old's, haha...maybe you expected husky 'cause there's something masculine about my swagger? lol

Being sick is no fun but glad to hear you're feeling better! I also love that OPI name...but they do come up with cute names. I was looking online and saw one called "Who Comes Up With These Names Anyways?" I kid you not...one day I'll find it in stores. =P

FuN and MakeUp said...

i want that mac HK bruhset + holder! but i dont need that face brush.. so i dont wanna waste money.. haha its sooO cute!

ⓚ☪ said...

did you get your hk items at glendale? Im getting really sick of waiting for my order to come in. I thought I'd be okay with it but I'm not. I'm considering repurchasing elsewhere, hehe. I love the Dariya hair stick. I was so obsessed with it I wore it at work, crazy I know. I also have the mascara guard but I get too lazy to use it because it takes more effort. I'm scared of the epistick, but wouldn't mind seeing your results with it. =)

Neeyuh said...

i love your nail tuts!! how does the epistick work? do you like it?
ohh and you've been tagged!

Vanessa said...

You always have the CUTEST nails! And isn't the brush holder just too cute!?? Even though the price isn't cute...lol.

And I got a pair of hair roses like that too from Forever 21 (pink and black though), very cute!

*Jen* said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick Aly!

Are you going to review that pink thing that looks like a giant q-tip? I hope so!

miRaCLe said...

wow! nice nail color combination :D
and i love the hairpiece too! ^^

btw..does the epistick works? :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...