Friday, February 20, 2009

Korean Pancake Version 2 (kim-chi bu chim gae/kim-chi jeon)

Here's the second version of the Korean pancake, the spicy one. If you don't recall my first version, the non-spicy one, you can click here. It was in my past post... hehe~

If you need some guidance with the ingredients, you can check my Korean Cooking 101. ;)

Ingredients:
mixing powder
water
seafood mix
onion
green onion
kim-chi & juice
olive oil or any oil
soy sauce
garlic salt
sesame seeds
red pepper powder

Step 1:
In a bowl, mix the mixing powder and water until you get a liquid-y consistency.
I used this mixing powder I bought from the Korean market.

If you don't have a mixing powder, you can use flour. In a bowl add flour, pinch of salt, 1 egg, and water until you get a liquid-y consistency.

Step 2:
Now you add the ingredients you want in the pancake. I added seafood mix, onion, and green onions.

It's the same process as the first version except...
Now you need to cut kim-chi into small pieces. Throw the chopped kim-chi and juice into the pancake. The key to making this pancake is using the old kim-chi and juice. If you use the new kim-chi, it won't taste that good... hehe~ :X

Step 3:
In a frying pan, put olive oil or any oil you prefer. Now scoop some pancake mixture you just made and fry both sides. The key in making the pancake as thin as possible! ;)
Now you can eat with soy sauce mixture. In the soy sauce I added chopped green onions, garlic salt, sesame seeds, and red pepper powder. In my case, we didn't even need the soy sauce mixture because I added way too much kim-chi and juice... lol~ It was spicy without the soy sauce mixture! :X


This is my nail of the week (NOTW #6). It's very simple and boring... hehe~
I just want to enjoy the black nail polish color until Spring comes around... hehe~ I used OPI Baby It's "Coal" Outside! It's such a beautiful black nail polish with silver glitters. Gorgeous! :)


I was tagged by Neeyuh at Peace.Love.Makeup.

TAG: What I'm using right now!


Shampoo: Garnier Fructis (smells good!)

Condtioner: Dove (I don't like it much!)

Styling products: N/A (Believe it or not I don't put anything in my hair... hehe~)

Shower Gel: Bath and Body Works in Black Raspberry Vanilla (I love fruity smells minus the vanilla!)

Body moisturizer: The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry (gift I love!)

Deodorant: Dove (sample I got)

Fake Tan: N/A (I don't want to turn orange... hehe~)

Cleanser: Mario Badescu (sample I got and will review soon)

Eye makeup remover: Lancome (gift I love!)

Exfoliator: too many to list... hehe~

Primer: IOPE (Korean brand)

Foundation: Maybelline Dream Mousse (trying to finish it)

Foundation brush: I use a sponge

Concealer: Lancome (trying to finish it)

Powder: Debon (Korean brand)

Blusher: MAC Peacykeen

Bronzer: NYX Blush in Taupe

Highlighter: MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle

Eyeshadow base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study (love these!)

Eyeshadows: UD Smog and Maui Wowie

Eyeliner: L'oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black

Eyelash curler: Revlon (heated)

Eyelash base: N/A

Mascara: Hard Candy (bad quality but trying to finish)

Lipstick: The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen (sample I got)

Lipgloss: N/A

Nail Colour: OPI Baby It's "Coal" Outside!

I'm tagging anyone who wants to do it!!! If you're reading this, I'm tagging you... hehe~ ;)

21 comments:

miRaCLe said...

yummmyy! i'm drooling right now :p~
may i have some pancake please ^^
i love OPI! good quality and cute names always! :D

Digital Angel said...

Ohhhh kimchi buchimgae you making me drool all over !!!
I love kimchi buchimgae alot more than regular one.
I can eat the whole 2 of them. I mean with big size of skillet :D

Vivi said...

Mmm pajeon <3 I love korean food :D Your nail is really pretty too! Hmm I'm tempted to go pick it up!

Jo said...

oooo i have this when i eat at my local korean restaurant. the one they make has octopus in it yummmm. i might have to go to a grocery store to see if they that mix so i can make it myself. thanks ahleesa!

Mona said...

i'm going to the korean market this weekend to pick up that mix and making this DELICIOUS looking pancake to inhale :D

Anonymous said...

mmmmm.. that looks good. i just bought kim-chi yesterday. i'll try this someday. how "old" should the kim-chi be?

how are you? =)

Yumeko said...

oooh i was waiting to see this
yum yum yummmm

and lovely nails!

Anonymous said...

apparently if you use cold water, it makes it crunchier~
omg did you ever look at the back and see the calorie intake of the powder?
If I weren't so crazy about them, I probably would have cried. lol
I'm hoping I'm remember the right thing...I have horrible memory :X

are you all better now?

fuzkittie said...

I LOVE kimchi!! Mmmm drool!!

AskMeWhats said...

It's coal outside polish looks wonderful!!! :) You're right, enjoy it! So pretty!
thanks for your food post! You have to let me try your cooking if I have the chance to be there!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Kimchi pancake looks equally as yummy as before!! love the black nails!

Ahleessa said...

Kathryn! :) I know we haven't talked in a long while... hehe~ I haven't heard anything about the Ellen show *sigh*. I don't know what's up with that... hehe~

The kim-chi needs to be old as in it doesn't taste fresh anymore... hehe~ I hope that answer your question. Call me if you need more explanation! :P

Anonymous said...

This looks good!

Lovely nails.

Unknown said...

You make me feel hungry and I just ate! That pancake looks so delicious, I want some!

Sarah said...

Awww thanks hunny!!! I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Korean pancakes!! I miss my mommas soooooo much! :) Thanks so much for showing the recipe....
kiss kiss

Anonymous said...

Yum your food always looks so delicious!! the korean pancakes look so simple to make I gotta try it sometime, thanks for another recipe :) My nails of the week look very similar to yours! It's also black with silver shimmers.

ndoodles said...

I admire you for always trying to finish your products! I need to do that too!

Jen said...

Hey Ahleessa! I tried this recipe today (I love Korean pancake!) but I couldn't get it to be crispy at all. Any advice?

The first few times it might not have been thin enough, but I think the last one was as thin as it should be and still not crispy. I put in a lot of kim chee and onion so maybe too many water ingredients? Maybe more or less oil? Or heat? I tried changing the heat but it didn't seem to make much difference.

Sorry to bother you, I really want to learn to make this!

Jen said...

Thanks so much for your advice on the kim chee pancake! It was really helpful, I'm definitely going to try it again soon. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks!

Ahleessa said...

Anonymous: Glad you like the recipe, but this is a beauty blog. I was showing my nail of the week.

That's really nice of you to call me a tramp. If calling someone that makes you feel better, that's nice to know... lol~ :)

Korean Skin Care said...

Hi Ahleessa, you are making me really hungry! Haha

I love your blog!!! Have you been able to try Sulwhasoo or Whoo products? From reading your posts, you live in L.A correct? There are a lot of Amore shops (sell Laneige, IOPE, and Sulwhasoo) and some LG counters (sell Coreana, Charmzone, Whoo, OHUI, SooRyeHan).

I hope you get a chance - you will not be disappointed!!!

P.s, to that rude comment... some people are very immature.

Keep up the great work Ahleessa <3!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...