Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Holika Holika Pure Essence Mask Sheet in Strawberry

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

In April 2022, I purchased some Holika Holika masks from T.J. Maxx.
Here are the products I got. I already reviewed Holika Holika Watermelon Mask Sheet (left). For this post, I will review the mask on the right.
Product Review: Holika Holika Pure Essence Mask Sheet in Strawberry

Where to purchase: online at holikaholika.ee
Price: 23 mL/ 0.77 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: Refreshing sheet mask with strawberry extract brightens the skin, helps in fighting with small tones irregularities and traces of scars and post acne. Mask returns the brightness and tone to the skin with vitamins and moisturizing, also gives it elasticity, perfectly tones and enhances the local immunity of the skin. The mask has an ultra thin basis that provides a tight contact with the skin and a better penetration of useful components in sheet mask. Strawberry lightens skin and also helps lighten dark spots, yuzu reduces inflammation and orange softens and tones the skin.
Ingredients:
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Butylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Arginine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Viola Tricolor Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Oil, Disodium EDTA
Thoughts: I've always liked Holika Holika but mostly for their packaging. They honestly have one of the cutest packaging. Even though the packaging are adorable, they have decent products. I was excited to try this product.
Here's a closer look at the individual packaging.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and I notice nothing whatsoever. To be honest, I am kind of disappointed. I wanted it to smell like strawberry but that's just me. I guess having no scent is better than it smelling bad. Secondly, I like the packaging. The design is bright and adorable. I like seeing the strawberry on the package. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The box is made out of thick paper. The individual packaging is foil-like. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The dimension of the mask is alright. It's wide enough to fit my wide face. The length was a different story. It past slightly beyond my chin. The top portion did not even touch my hairline especially the corners. It was bare. I rather mask more than my skin than have empty spaces. The cut around the eyes and mouth was good. It fit decently. The nose was alright as well. The width was good but it barely touched the tip of the nose. It was cut horizontally straight and hit mid-way on my nose. The thickness of the mask is on the medium. I can unfold without the fear of ripping. Third, there's a lot of essence leftover in the package. I used it on my neck and chest. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I mask for 30 minutes. The description said to mask for 10-20 minutes. I am just used to masking for 30 mins. It's just easier to remember. After taking the mask off, my skin looks dewy and alert. It's also hydrated. With hydration, the fine and deep lines diminishes. Lastly, the next morning my skin still looked good. Of course, it doesn't look like after taking the mask off but it was decent enough. I just need to be better with masking or taking care of my skin. It's best to mask twice a week. I am glad I got this product. It's the first time I have seen strawberry in a mask. I learned strawberry moisturizes the skin.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent whatsoever.
* Bright and adorable packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Wide enough to fit most face shapes.
* It slightly past the chin.
* Cut around the eyes and mouth was good.
* Width of the nose fit my wide nose.
* Medium thickness; can unfold without the fear of ripping.
* Essence leftover in the package; can use on other parts of the skin.
* Easy to use.
* Skin looks dewy.
* Hydrating.
* Noticed less fine and thick lines.
* Strawberry moisturizes the skin.

Cons:
* Kind of wished it smelled like strawberry.
* Does not touch the hairline and the corners are bare.
* The tip of the nose is cut horizontally and does not touch the tip.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Holika Holika products reviewed/swatch:
Heart Ful Moisture Lipstick
Love Fantasy Blush
Mask Sheet

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...