Monday, May 25, 2020

Manicure Monday: L.A. Girl Gel Extreme Shine in Desire

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I have not blogged in awhile. It wasn't by choice. Our adapter at home broke and did not have internet access. I never realized how dependent I am on internet.

I am fortunate to try the new L.A. Girl nail polishes.

I received three polishes. I already reviewed L.A. Girl Gel Extreme Shine in Charming (right). For this post, I will review the one on the left.
This is L.A. Girl Gel Extreme Shin in Desire. Since I did a thorough review of L.A. Girl Gel Extreme Shine in Charming, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the color. The color of the packaging matches the color on the nails.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is the same. The length, on the other hand, is shorter.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original and Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat on all my nails. Then two coats of OPI in Let's be Friends on all the nails except the ring finger. On the ring finger, I applied one coat of L.A. Girl in Desire. Then I topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. For the past year or so, I tend to like tips with a curve. I find it easier to paint around the cuticles and sides. Even though this has a straight tip, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and the top matches the color of the polish. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is more liquidity than creamy. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. Even though it's liquidity, I wouldn't say it's completely liquid. It does not run while applying. It's also not thick that it gets hard while using. You can take your time with painting. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly and evenly. It does not get streaky and there's no bubbles whatsoever. Fourth, the color is bright and pink. I like it on my toes. It's a little too bright for my fingers. For that reason, I only used it as an accent color. If you are into bright colors, this will be gorgeous on the hand. It's a great spring and summer color. It might be a little bright for the work environment if you work on the conservative side. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I'm pretty impressed for one layer. Lastly, there was no chipping whatsoever. I did notice shrinkage on the fourth day. That's pretty impressive for one coat! I'm glad I got this polish. It's easy to use, pigmented, and long lasting for a normal polish.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L.A. Girl products reviewed/swatch:
3D Effects
Black Illusion
Sparkle Ruby
ColorPop
Lovely
Gel Extreme Shine
Charming
Matte Pigment Gloss
Dreamy

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...