Wednesday, February 27, 2019

doucce Maxlash Volumizer Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive the Holiday 2017 Set from doucce.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed doucce Luscious Lip Stain in Hollywood Magic (middle) and Holiday 2017 Set Palette (left). For this post, I will review the mascara third from the left.
Product Review: doucce Maxlash Volumizer Mascara

Where to purchase: online at doucce.com
Price: $22 for 0.39 fl oz/ 11.5 g

Made in Germany

Description from the website: Intensify your lashes with outrageous volume and length. The XL brush fiber bristles glide through the lashes evenly, coating each lash for the ultimate volume. The velvet carbon black formula enhances the lashes adding depth and dimension that creates visually fuller and longer lashes. The creamy and buildable formula is clump-resistant, flake proof, smudge proof, and resistant to sweat and humidity.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I have so many mascaras it's not even funny. For this reason, it takes awhile to get to the ones I want to try. When I finished the past one, I wanted to try this one.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's how the mascara looks on my lashes.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Juvia's Place The Warrior Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes and Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncuffed on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight scent. I cannot say what the scent is but it doesn't smell chemically. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's matte and sleek. It looks like from a high-end brand. If you have dirty hands, it will stain the packaging. My mascara has foundation stain on the bottom. I tried cleaning it with a wet paper towel and the stain does not come off. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also easy to grab with your hand, as well as; small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. I would say it's a perfect medium. A lot of mascaras are wet the first time you use the product. This wasn't, as well as after some time, it didn't get thick. I've used this product more than three months, I know you're not supposed to use mascara more than three months but I got lazy. That's another story. Even to this day it never once got dry and clumpy. It's still a great consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I just coat the roots and glide towards the tip. Having straight Asian lashes, most non-waterproof mascaras would weigh the lashes down. You do not have to worry about that with this mascara. Every single time I used this product, my lashes did not fall once. You can apply once or several times depending on how you like your lashes to look. I only applied twice. I noticed when I apply more than two times, some part of the lashes clump together. Even though they clump together, it doesn't look clumpy. It looked like one lashes instead of two if that makes sense. I don't like my lashes clumping together since I don't have that much lashes to start with. I like my lashes to look full and hopefully, longer. This doesn't make my lashes look full and longer. It just gives me a natural everyday look with some slight volume. Even though I like natural makeup, I like my lashes to look full and long. I, personally, think my eyes are the pinpoint of my face. For this reason, I like the rest of the face to look neutral. Lastly, it lasts all day without smudging and fading. It's also easy to remove with any remover. I used eye makeup remover, and I did not have to rub hard on the eyes. I am glad I got to try this product. This is a great mascara if you are blessed with nice, natural full lashes that need some slight volume.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Matte and sleek packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to grab with your hand.
* Creamy consistency.
* Not wet the first time you use this product.
* Does not ever get dry and clumpy.
* Easy to use.
* Does not weight the lashes down.
* Great everyday, natural looking lashes with slight volume.
* Does not smudge.
* Does not fade.
* Easy to remove.
* Lasts all day.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Has stain marks on the packaging.
* Did not give me volume.
* Did not give me length.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other doucce products reviewed/swatch:
Holiday 2017 Set Palette
Luscious Lip Stain

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...