Wednesday, February 13, 2019

bareMinerals BlemishRescue Skin-Clearing Spot Concealer in Light/Medium

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive bareMinerals products from Influenster.

Product Review: bareMinerals BlemishRescue Skin-Clearing Spot Concealer in Light/Medium

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at bareminerals.com
Price: $22 for 1.6 g/ 0.06 oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Full coverage targeted concealer with Salicylic Acid and a blend of soothing and hydrating ingredients, reduces the appearance of blemishes and prevents future ones without stripping skin.
Ingredients:
Squalane, Polyethylene, Methyl Dihydroabietate, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Kaolin, Hydrated Silica, Mica, Barium Sulfate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Salicylic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Aqua/Eau), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Maltodextrin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Lauryl Laurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Micrococcus Lysate, Ganoderma Lucidum (Mushroom) Stem Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Honey Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Vegetable Amino Acids, Plumeria Alba Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Allantoin, Tetrapeptide-14, Beta-Glucan, Panthenol, Sulfur, Stearyl Triethoxysilane, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947).
Thoughts: I'm the type who only get blemishes when it's that time of the month. It's not one of those tiny little bumps that disappears within a day. It's one of those huge bumps with white pus inside. It's not a pretty sight. For this reason, I always need a good concealer on the side. So when I received this product, I was excited how it would work on my huge zits.
Here's a closer look of the pencil.
Here's a closer look at the sharpener on the bottom of the pencil.
Here's a closer look of the color.
Here's the quantity of the concealer. I twisted until you couldn't twist anymore.
Here's a swatch of the concealer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight burnt scent. To be honest, this wasn't what I expected. I'm blown away but at the same time, not. It isn't as bad as I'm describing. Secondly, I like the packaging. To be honest, I'm so used to pots/tubs for concealer. I hardly use pencil to spot conceal. I mainly conceal my freckles, dark circles, and that time of the month visits. It's mostly for the first two. For that reason, I need big containers. I didn't think pencil would be that easy but it actually is. I was pretty impressed. It's a lot easier than using concealers from pots/tubs, as well as, cleaner. I just need a pencil versus a brush. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. I like that it comes with a sharpener on the bottom. To be honest, I haven't used it and I cannot see myself using it. The pencil is a good width and don't need sharpening, or at least for me. Third, the consistency is creamy. It glides on and does not tug on the skin. With that said, it's easy to use. The direction says to make small dashes and pat with your finger. When you first draw, the concealer has slight shininess. Once you pat, the shininess disappears and blends with the skin. It leaves a nice, smooth texture that covers the acne. In all honesty, I was impressed how well it covered. It doesn't mention apply loose powder on top but I still did. It's just automatic without thinking. I'm used to applying powder on top of concealer. It feels weird if I don't. Plus, the powder is supposed to help the creamy consistency stay longer. Fourth, light/medium is a lot more salmon color than I'm used to for a blemish concealer. Salmon color will be great for under eye circles but it's not the point of this product. This concealer is to cover blemishes. Even though the color doesn't match me completely, it looks decent with my skin tone. It doesn't stand out unless you look real carefully. Pigmentation-wise I was impressed. It's probably one of the best I have seen for a blemish concealer. One layer was good enough for my blemishes. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. Since I have dry skin, most products do. If you have oily skin, there's a chance it might not last all day. I think it'll be great for normal to dry skin individuals. It cover small to medium size acne with no problem. If you have big acne, it might cover most of it. It'll be more work to cover acne with white pus and real red acne. I'm glad I got this product. I was pretty impressed!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Easy to use.
* Cleaner; don't need extra supplies and don't need to clean the brush.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a sharpener.
* Width of the pencil is nice.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the skin.
* Slight shininess disappears and blends with the skin.
* While patting, the concealer does not rub off.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Covers well.
* Blends well with the skin color.
* Pigmented.
* Great for normal to dry skin individuals.
* Great for small to medium acne.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Has a lot more salmon color.
* Will be more work to cover big acne with white pus and it's red.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other bareMinerals products reviewed/swatch:
BareSkin Foundation
Bare Ivory
Moxie Lipstick
Make Your Move
Prime Time
Foundation Primer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...