Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating 100% Hydrogel Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of months ago, I want to say November 2018, Neutrogena was giving away beauty products at my work site.

Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the sheet mask on the left.
Product Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating 100% Hydrogel Mask

Where to purchase: drugstore, mass merchandiser, and online at neutrogena.com
Price: $2.99 for 1.0 oz/ 30 g

Made in Korea

Description from the package: The innovative hydrogel mask, with hyaluronic acid, instantly quenches dry skin leaving it hydrated, smooth and supple.

This is no ordinary sheet mask. This mask is made from a unique 100% hydrogel material. It contours to your skin and seals in the formula for optimal absorption to deliver clinically proven results. Your skin is left soft, hydrated and supple.

* Contains Hyaluronic Acid
* Non-comedogenic
* Gentle on skin

For best results, apply to your face and leave on for 15-30 minutes after cleansing and before applying your serum to give your skin an extra boost of hydration.
Thoughts: When they were giving out the products, I was most excited to try the sheet mask. Anything hydrating is a good thing, but to know it's from a brand I like was a plus.
Here's a closer look at the individual sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while wearing. It smelled floral and lasted a good 5 minutes or so. I just sniffed the product and it does smell like flowers. It also reminds me of laundry detergent. I'm not too sure why. I like the smell when I do the laundry but not on my skin. It's not my type of scent but it's doable. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I like the shiny, blue color of the package. It's really attracts my attention. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick, aluminum-like package. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Since it's small enough, it's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The individual sheet masks will be great for makeup artists. They can apply on their clients before doing their makeup. The dimension of the mask is alright if you have small face. Unfortunately, I have wide face. The width of the mask fit my face perfectly. The length was short both around the forehead and jawline/chin. I, personally, rather cover everything than miss some areas. The dimension of the nose is alright as well. The width was nice. The length was cut horizontal when we have tips. I don't know why they cut it that way. When it comes to gel masks, I tend to unfold carefully. The thickness isn't completely thin but it's definitely not thick. It's in-between thin to medium. You do have to be careful how you unfold but not that careful that it'll rip. You have to unfold multiple times. It comes in two parts. You can adjust how you apply the sheet mask. Top half is from the nose up and bottom half is below the nose down. I also found the texture of the gel mask interesting. One side is real smooth and the other side has small bumps. I'm not too sure which side you are supposed to apply onto the skin. I used the smooth side. Third, there's a lot of essence in the package. I used the leftover essence on my chin, neck, chest, and so on. Even using that much essence, I still had a lot leftover. This is another interesting thing I noticed. When I took the sheet mask out of the package, I could feel the essence on my fingers. That's nothing unusual but when I was unfolding, I didn't feel any essence on the sheet mask. When I applied the sheet mask, it felt dry but it wasn't. With that said, it's easy to use. They recommend using the sheet mask for 15-30 minutes. I used it for 30 minutes and knowing how dry my skin was, I was expecting the sheet mask to stick onto my skin like glue. It came off easily. I noticed my skin looked smooth and matte. I have never seen my face look matte after masking. It was a first! I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. Since the skin looked matte, all the wrinkles did not diminish. I noticed the thick lines but the fine lines were gone. My eyes looked smooth and clear. I didn't notice any slight darkness that I have. Lastly, the next morning my skin looked better than usual but I've seen better. I did look alert and my skin looked even, but again I've seen better. I'm glad I got to try this product. From my experience, skin care products made from Korea are usually up there. This was alright and I'm sadden since I'm Korean. I like having the Korean pride, but this didn't do so well or at least in my opinion.

Pros:
* It has a slight scent.
* Nice, shiny, blue colored packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Great for makeup artists, as well as, for personal reason.
* Great for people with small face.
* The width of the dimension of the face is good.
* The width of the dimension of the nose is good.
* Thickness of the mask is in-between thin to medium; need to be careful how you unfold.
* Comes in two parts; you can adjust how you apply the parts.
* Two different textures either side of the sheet mask.
* Lots of leftover essence.
* Easy to use.
* Came off easily.
* Skin looked smooth and matte.
* Fine lines were diminish.
* Eye area looked smooth and clear.
* Dark circles around the eyes were diminish.
* Skin looked slightly better than usual the next morning; alert and even.

Cons:
* Smells floral and reminds me of laundry detergent.
* The length of the dimension of the face does not cover the forehead and jawline/chin.
* The length of the dimension of the nose does not cover the tip.
* Sheet mask felt dry before applying.
* Thick lines were still there.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...