When I went to The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2014 Part 2, I purchased some products.
Here are the products I purchased. I already reviewed NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Villa Lante (middle right) and NARS Matte Multiple in Laos (top right). For this post, I will review Kevyn Aucoin on top left.
Kevyn Aucoin The Eyelash Curler
Where to purchase: department stores and online at kevynaucoin.com
Made in Japan
Description from the website: Look alive and bright-eyed with this professional-grade tool.
WHAT IT IS
* An eye-opening curler to make lashes appear larger and fuller
* After applying mascara, allow it to dry, then use The Eyelash Curler for glamorous lashes
WHY WE LOVE IT
* Red silicone pad contrasts eyelashes to see more easily
* A few short pumps transforms lashes from plain Jane to gorgeously seductive
Thoughts: I was in need of another eyelash curler. I've heard great things about this curler and decided to invest in one.
Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I tend to like curlers where I put my fingers in the handle instead of pushing. I feel like curlers where you push is small, fragile, and the width of the eye area is small for me. Secondly and with that said, I don't think I have wide eyes but some curlers don't curl the ends. I have to say this grabs the end best out of all the curlers I have tried. If you look at the picture above, there's about three lashes at the end that isn't curl. It's still super straight but that's the best I have seen so far. For that reason, I love this eyelash curler. Lastly, it doesn't take much to curl the lashes. I don't need to squeeze hard and it lasts all day.
* Comes in an appealing packing; red pad.
* Extra pad; good for a year/6 months for each pad.
* Wide eye area.
* Grabs most of the lashes.
* Easy to curl.
* Lasts all day.
* Can be hard to find in stores.
* Can be costly.
Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating: 4.5/5 Tobey's Paws
Other The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2014 products reviewed/swatched:
Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.