Friday, October 30, 2015

Kevyn Aucoin The Eyelash Curler

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I went to The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2014 Part 2, I purchased some products.

Here are the products I purchased. I already reviewed NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Villa Lante (middle right) and NARS Matte Multiple in Laos (top right). For this post, I will review Kevyn Aucoin on top left.
Product Review: Kevyn Aucoin The Eyelash Curler

Where to purchase: department stores and online at kevynaucoin.com
Price: $21

Made in Japan

Description from the website: Look alive and bright-eyed with this professional-grade tool.

WHAT IT IS
* An eye-opening curler to make lashes appear larger and fuller
* After applying mascara, allow it to dry, then use The Eyelash Curler for glamorous lashes

WHY WE LOVE IT
* Red silicone pad contrasts eyelashes to see more easily
* A few short pumps transforms lashes from plain Jane to gorgeously seductive
Thoughts: I was in need of another eyelash curler. I've heard great things about this curler and decided to invest in one.
Here's a closer look at the front of the curler.
Here's a closer look at the back of the curler.
Here's a closer look at the pad. One thing that stands out compared to other eyelash curlers is that Kevyn Aucoin is red. Most eyelash curlers are white or black from my experience. It also comes with an extra pad.
Here's a closer look at the handle.
Here's a picture of my lashes before I curl it. Yes, I have super straight, Asian lashes.
Here's my lashes after I curl it. Please ignore the fallen lash. I didn't even realize it was there while taking pictures.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I tend to like curlers where I put my fingers in the handle instead of pushing. I feel like curlers where you push is small, fragile, and the width of the eye area is small for me. Secondly and with that said, I don't think I have wide eyes but some curlers don't curl the ends. I have to say this grabs the end best out of all the curlers I have tried. If you look at the picture above, there's about three lashes at the end that isn't curl. It's still super straight but that's the best I have seen so far. For that reason, I love this eyelash curler. Lastly, it doesn't take much to curl the lashes. I don't need to squeeze hard and it lasts all day.

Pros:
* Comes in an appealing packing; red pad.
* Extra pad; good for a year/6 months for each pad.
* Travel-friendly.
* Wide eye area.
* Grabs most of the lashes.
* Easy to curl.
* Lasts all day.

Cons:
* Can be hard to find in stores.
* Can be costly.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2014 products reviewed/swatched:
NARS

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...