Monday, November 29, 2010

Out The Door and Orly Haul

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I am so sorry I didn't get to wish you guys a Thanksgiving earlier. My brother and his family decided to come on Tuesday instead of Wednesday making things a little complicated... lol~ Whenever they come, they stay at my dad's place and I lose everything I own including the computer *sigh*. :X It's nice to finally have my computer!... wheee~ I hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving and went shopping on Black Friday!!! :)


Several weeks ago Sally Beauty had an online promotion (I mentioned things like this on my twitter so follow) and decided to take part in it... lol~ I heard good stuff about Out The Door top coat and I needed a new top coat since I finished my Seche Vite.
Product Review: INM Out The Door Fastin Drying Top Coat

Where can you purchase this: Sally Beauty, Sally Beauty website, online, anywhere they sell top coats
Price: $4.99 at Sally Beauty with Beauty Club Card, without the card it is $5.49 for 15 mL/0.5 fl oz. (I got mine for 50 cents with the codes)

Made in USA

Description on the website: INM Out The Door Fast Drying Top Coat is America's #1 super fast drying top coat! Out The Door's long wearing, high gloss finish will not yellow. Use alone or over any polish to accelerate the drying time.
Ingredients:
My thoughts: I was really excited to try this and hoped it dried as fast as Seche Vite. I am one of those people who cannot just sit there and wait for the nail polish to dry!... lol~ :X Whenever I use Seche Vite top coat, it dries within a minute. I can touch it and it has that dry feel. With Out The Door, I actually had to wait 5 minutes to have that dry feel. It dries fast, but not as fast as Seche Vite.

When it comes to gloss, it's not bad. I can see the shine but it's minimum compared to Seche Vite. I personally think Seche Vite makes everything really gloss. This has to do with personal taste, but both doesn't bother me. I think Out The Door will be better for matte nail polishes who wants a little gloss. If you want really glossy nails then I say go for Seche Vite... hehe~

Here's how the brush looks for Out The Door. I cannot remember if Seche Vite was thicker, thinner, or the same. :/ The brush is a typical size compared to other nail polishes, but it applies pretty quick. Since it's very liquidity when you apply it, it spread quickly. I like it quick the top coat is!... hehe~ :)

Pros:
* Dries quicker than most top coats; 5 minutes.
* Gives a minimum gloss/shine.
* It spreads quickly.
* It is thin not thick.
* Doesn't chip that easily.

Cons:
* Doesn't dry as quick as I wish.

Would I buy this again: Probably not because it dries too slow for my personality... lol~ :P
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Speaking of nail polishes, I should show you my recent Orly nail polishes I have collected. I received two from the L.A. Beautylish event.
The first one I got from the swag bag was It's Not Rocket Science.
The second one I got from the vase on the table was Out Of This World.

The last nail polish from Orly I got was through Seventeen magazine. You take the coupon either from the magazine or from their website to any Ulta stores. You have a chose between three Orly nail polishes.
I decided to get It's Up To Blue.

Please check out my other Orly nail polishes.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money except for three Orly nail polishes. I either got them free from an event I attended or a coupon. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

9 comments:

Jannie said...

the nail polishes are so gorgeous. i really LOVE the space cadet one. it turns into different colors depending on the light. that is so cool. it kinda reminds me of one of the hard candy nail polishes. i think it's called beetle. something like that. that color looks so pretty on your nails. :D

sorry about the weekend. if you want to talk, i am always a phone call or text away. :) i'm all ears. :) sorry too about getting sick. i hope you get well soon. after you saw me post so much about getting sick, you know it wasn't a pleasant experience. especially losing my voice. it's still not completely back, but it sounds so much better than the monstrosity you heard over the phone. LOL. i tried to sing, but i just can't do high pitched parts yet.

i'm so glad you like the convertible color in the stila palette. that surely will look so nice as a lip color. i can see you wearing it as a lip color too. :)

hope everything gets better for you soon. i'm glad you have your laptop back. i was wondering where you were all weekend. hehe...

yup, after two whole years, it was ben's first time meeting the family. i'm so glad they all liked each other. :) it's a big relief and turn-around since the days of my previous ex. nobody liked him. lol.

take care. get well soon. :)

Tammy said...

Glad INM worked better for you than it did me. It never completely dried on me. :-/ Space Cadet = HOTNESS!

DinaXYYan said...

I have yet to try Seche Vite, it sounds really good!
Love your Orly Haul, the colors are so pretty~

Radiant Make Up said...

ooh these colours looks gorgeous :)
loving your blog!! x

noone said...

ohhh very nice. I like Out of this world the most. and it's not rocket science seems like a great color to wear to christmas parties because it's got that slimmer coating

Fruity Lashes said...

nice haul and swatches.

btw, check out my holiday giveaway at http://www.fruitylashes.com/fruity-lashes-holiday-giveaway-1145/

Jannie said...

the tokidoki brushes are really cute. so far, i think they are the only brushes i've seen with little characters attached to them. hehe... i haven't seen their bags yet though. i saw this tin box they have. it's three palettes in a set. now that's something really neat. my friend and i have been lemming those. LOL. you should check it out. it's so cute. :D

thank goodness you're not getting sick. i was beginning to worry. i was thinking, "oh, no. not you too." it's not fun not having much of a voice. sorry about what's gone on during the weekend though. i'm glad you were able to talk it out. that's what i'm hear for too. to listen to you. :)

maybe if i try, i can sing high pitched parts. i know for sure i can NEVER pull a mariah or christina. i bet i'd probably bust my vocal chords big time if i tried. LOL.

oh yeah, i remember that time. i was being all crybaby about ben and thinking he forgot about me. i'm glad he's always around...even though he lives far, he makes the time and effort. he is one cool dude. hehe... :D

hey... i counted my blushes before getting justin from school. my prediction was kinda close. i have 45. i hope that's not too crazy. hahaha... it was fun counting them. i did not count that one little elizabeth arden bronzer i threw in there though. lol.

it was fun reminiscing about old cosmetics from the 90s too. i'm still trying to imagine how you looked with brown lipstick. it's hard to believe you wore it at some point. hehe... :D

Jannie said...

i would love to get hold of those tokidoki brushes too...someday. hehe... they do look like really good brushes. really cute too. :) yup, the ones on the set that comes with a tin have quite a few crazy colors. the singles have some nice neutrals you might like to check out. i saw a shimmery, white gold color. the swatch was nice too. if i had more money, i'd get it too. lol.

i will listen to you anytime. plus, you are not a big whiner and complainer anyway unlike me. plus, it's better to vent than to bottle things up. we don't want sudden heart attacks or ulcers.

it's great to know i'm not that crazy when it comes to blushes if pretty much everyone else has the same amount. i know for sure your 20 blushes will multiply pretty soon. haha... watch. once R & R restocks, you will catch up fast. LOL.

soft brown is actually pretty. it's kinda like bordering on a nude shade already. i think that probably must've looked real pretty on you. whoa. dark eyeliners for lipliners? now that's intense. i think i remember seeing someone wear black liner around their lips on that old talk show, jenny jones. lol. that probably must've been eyeliner too. the person wearing it was one of those wild kids who got pushed by their parents to do a makeover. LOL.

Shop N' Chomp said...

Love your polishes =D I still haven't tried Orly...hehe. 5 minutes would be too long for me too. I actually finished my Seche Vite this weekend and bought a Sally Hansen one instead to try b/c I was curious. Hope it doesn't suck...lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...