Monday, October 25, 2010

Los Angeles Beautylish

This past weekend, October 23rd, I had the greatest opportunity to take part of Los Angeles Beautylish Event.
It was hosted by the founders of Beautylish (there's three of them), as well as, the people who work there (Christina and Victoria). This picture was taken at the end of the event, but I think it deserves to be posted first... hehe~ Unfortunately, it's not the greatest picture. I was sitting on the side. :(
These are the brands that sponsored Beautylish, as well as, gave us products to try.
As soon as you enter the room and in the front, they had three mini-stages for makeovers by Napoleon Perdis, Stila, and Maybelline. On the right, they had two manicurists doing manicures on our hands. You had a choice of either Orly or Chanel nail polishes. I got a mini-makeup by Stila. She added blue eyeliner on my lashes, added blush to what I had, and a lip stain. It really came out nice! :)
Here's a closer picture of the stage.

They had different types of tables, example table covered by silver cloth pictured above, either to visit or sit at. At the center of the table, they had a bowl of makeup goodies to grab and try at home. They also had a candle but to be honest, I can't remember if it was lighted... hehe~ :/
They had beauty tips at each center. I thought that was a genius idea... hehe~ :) Don't mind me I get amazed by simple things... hehe~ :D
They also had yummy, delicious food to try.
Here's a closer picture of the food *drool as I type*... hehe~
They also had cupcakes. Doesn't that look like a Christmas tree?... hehe~ It's so cute! :) My apologies, but I forgot to take pictures of the bar. I had the special cocktail Beautylish/Pink Chatelet. Victoria told me about that drink and it was delicious! I should have taken a picture. :X
Carol, the manicurist who did my nail, painted it with one of the new collection from Orly. I believe the name of the nail polish is Lunar Eclipse. It's such a gorgeous color and she recommended this nail polish to match with my hair... hehe~ She also said the new collection is very smooth to apply on the nails. She definitely recommends this collection!... hehe~ ;)
These are the things I grabbed from the center of the tables. I'm sure most people ate their chocolates and candies, but I wanted to take picture of it as soon as I got home. I know I'm weird... hehe~ :P I ended up giving the chocolates to my dad, and the candies to my niece and nephew. The things given were Orly nail polish in Out of This World (I will do a swatch later), two Yes To Carrots Lip Butter, Elf All Over Color Stick, NYX Glitter On The Go, Napoleon Perdis lipgloss, Stila lipgloss, and Yes To Cucumbers Eye Love Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel.
Not only that, they gave you a goody bag.
These are the things that were in my goody bag... hehe~ I got a Beautylish t-shirt, two Yes To Carrots Lip Butter, three Yes To Cucumbers Eye Love Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel, Yes To Cucumbers makeup wipes, Stila lip and cheek stain, NYX goody bag (blush, lip liner, and lipstick), and Orly nail polish in It's Not Rocket Science.

Thank you Beautylish for inviting me!!! I had a great time! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post were given to me from brands that sponsor the event. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

22 comments:

noone said...

ooh sounds like such a fancy event and the loot bag sounds amazing!

victoria said...

Yay!!! Glad you love your goodies! And that drink was FABULOUS, I'm ordering it from now on :P

Can't wait to see you at another event and on Beautylish!!!

xoxo
Victoria

Associate Product Editor
beautylish.com
blog.beautylish.com
twitter.com/beautylish

Tammy said...

It was so much fun meeting you! We must get together again soon. :)

Ahleessa said...

Victoria: Thanks for the recommendation on the drink! It definitely was worth it... hehe~ :)

I love your new profile picture! Gold is one of my favorite eye makeup... hehe~

I hope to see you again at another event! :)

Jannie said...

woot! that looked like a really fun event there, alyssa. i wish esco (or somewhere nearby) would have events like this too. i would so go. hehe... :D

cool loot, btw. look at all those goodies. hey. don't worry, i'd take a pic of my stuff too. i usually do when i get home after a haul. lol.

whoa. that's so cool. in addition the goodies on the table, you got a goodie bag as well. now that's what i call a lucky day. hehehe... :D plus, the food looks very delish too. :D

about tresemme, i gotta try that heat protection you're talking about. i do need something for when i blowdry and when i occasionally use my irons. i do not want to be plagued by split ends or brittle hair. lol.

i'm very happy with the shampoo and conditioner. i feel like they clarify the hair and scalp.

yup, it's about time i post regularly again. after not updating, i really missed it for a while. i guess it's part of the regular schedule now along with "farming." lol.

kawaiikao said...

aww you lucky girl!

DinaXYYan said...

This looks like a really fun event! Glad to know you had a great time :)

Jenni said...

omg i love blue nail polish colors!!! am loving that Orly Lunar Eclipse right now :D!!!

Bijin Blair said...

Oooh, you didn't tell me that they had some finger food there! Yuuuum, perfect for tea time =D

Why does Lunar Eclipse match your hair? Do you have blue highlights or something? haha xD

So that is a T-shirt instead of a towel lol

RYC, Suqqu is owned by E'Quip, a Kanebo subsidiary.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The goodies look great!

amynaree said...

omg sounds like so much fun! so sad i missed it, darn!

Shop N' Chomp said...

That looks like a really fun event! Really love how they took care of you with the manis, food, and freebies. XD

You got a nice Sephora F&F haul! I don't know yet if everything I bought are winners b/c some of them are new to me. ;)

Shop N' Chomp said...

How about I just tell you which ones sucked and which ones were good? I hate doing reviews. ;)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Btw, the Sanrio store in Temple City is having a Hello Kitty B-day Party this weekend (Sat. Oct 30 (noon - 4pm) and Sun. Oct 31 (noon - 3pm). Hello Kitty is going to be there. *^_^*

Here's the info if you're interested:
5743 Rosemead Blvd.
Temple City
(626) 287-3930

Diane said...

Hello!

The event looks great and it looks like you had a lot of fun. I should have went, Amy told me about it but I couldn't make it, I never have anyone to go with me to events. All my friends are... whats the word? Well lets just say- they don't get my obsession. Next time I'll contact you maybe you'd want to come?

Now I'm craving a cupcake...

Fruity Lashes said...

seems like so much fun. hope they host an event near us lol

Shop N' Chomp said...

No problem, girl. :D Hope your car situation gets resolved soon! And yes I'll tell you which ones turn out to be the losers and winners...tee hee. It's just that I don't think product reviews are my strong point. You on the other hand, write awesome reviews! :D

Jannie said...

Farmville can get a bit frustrating at times. I'm sure you'll get more friends who play it though. They eventually pop up here and there for neighbor requests. LOL.

My Farmville frustration right now is rearranging my farm. I'll figure it out tomorrow. I have the whole day off anyway. Hahaha... I don't want to pull an all-nighter over a farm.

About the use of brushes, thanks for the encouragement. :) All I need now is practice and of course, the time to get used to it. Speaking of brushes, I'm excited to get the MAC brush set I pre-ordered. I'll pick them up on Friday. It comes with a really beautiful bag too. I will use that for a whole new makeup bag. Mine's pretty crammed. Z know I don't need to carry a lot of stuff, but some items in it are quite bulky. LOL.

Jane sure was popular back in the day. Do you know if they're discontinued? I don't see them anymore. They carried pretty good items too.

Kalmo said...

Aw what a fun and cool event! So many yummy cupcakes and cool beauty products. :) Awesome goody bag.

Fabuless Beauty said...

Looks like you had a great time! I wish I had known about this event, cuz I would've went too!

iamchibee said...

Aww I wish I live in Los Angeles! Or anywhere near the place :) I'm also a Beautylish girl <3

paperdollrevenge said...

Oohhh I didn't know you went!! I was supposed to go but ended up not having enough time to make it that day. =( Well hopefully I will see you at the next Beautylish L.A. event!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...