Wednesday, May 30, 2018

MustaeV Silky Sketch Brow Pencil in Gray Brown

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with MustaeV.

I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the eyebrow product on the bottom.
Product Review: MustaeV Silky Sketch Brow Pencil in #01 Gray Brown

Where to purchase: online at mustaevusa.com
Price: $13 for 1.4 g/ 0.05 oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: Eyebrows help shape and define the face. The Silky Sketch Brow Pencil is a tool to help outline and fill in the brows for a picture-perfect finish. Use it as a way to enhance the natural shape of your brow, creating a well-groomed and polished look.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I first received this product, I was using an eyebrow product already. I wanted to finish the product before using this. Let me tell you that was a mistake. I ended up using this product several months ago.
Here's a closer look at the pencil. It doesn't come sharpen.
Here's how the pencil looks after I sharpen it.
Here's a swatch of the pencil on my hand.
Here's how my natural eyebrow looks with no makeup on. Please ignore the hair on the left side of the picture. I didn't notice that until I edited the picture.
Here's an overall look with no eyebrow makeup.
Here's how my eyebrow looks with eyebrow makeup.
Here's an overall look with eyebrow makeup. I have Anastasia Soft Glam Palette on the eyes and Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Glace on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all when I initially got the pencil, I thought I got a bad batch. I have never seen an eyebrow pencil that wasn't sharpen. Then I looked on the website and realized they come that way. I thought that was new and interesting. It's not a big deal because all I have to do is sharpen the pencil. If you're not a fan of sharpening, then this isn't for you. With that said, I like the packaging. It's a simple black pencil with a clear, plastic top. It's well-made and sturdy. The plastic top makes a sucking noise when I take it off the pencil. It tells me the plastic top is sealed when it's on the pencil. I also tried pulling the top off gently and there's no looseness. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. The pencil is thin and long enough to hold with one hand. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. The only thing that I didn't like is the sticker with the ingredients on the pencil. It's kind of bothersome or at least it is for me. The sides, four corners, are sticking out when I use the pencil. After this review, I will remove the sticker. Secondly. the consistency is on the creamy side. It glides on and does not tug on the skin. I've always used pencils in the past but they were never this creamy. I love how it's so easy to use. From my experience, some pencils mark and skip some part of the skin. I didn't have to worry with this pencil. It filled every spot while gliding on the skin. Third, it only comes in one color. It'll be best on brown to dark hair color. If you're blonde, it might not look that great but it is up to the individual. With that said, it also looks natural on the skin. If you're looking for Instagram eyebrows, this isn't it. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but I'm not looking for that when it comes to eyebrows. I want my brows to look natural that I can wear in daily basis without worrying of my sparse hair. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. Since I have dry skin, most products do. It never faded or smudged throughout the day. It looked good at the end of the day as I applied it. I'm glad I got this product. I've always used pencils but mostly for the convenience. It's just easy to use but I never loved the results until now. Not only that, I've only sharpened once since I started using it in February. It's crazy how long it takes to sharpen.

Pros:
* Simple, black packaging with a clear, plastic top.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; makes a sucking noise when you take it off the pencil.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand; thin and long.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides.
* Does not tug on the skin.
* Easy to use.
* Filled every part of the eyebrows.
* Great for brown to dark hair color.
* Natural on the skin.
* Pigmented.
* Does not fade.
* Does not smudge.
* Convenient.
* Great results.
* Do not have to sharpen often.
* Lasts all day.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Not automatic.
* Sticker with ingredients stuck on the pencil.
* Comes in one color only.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other MustaeV products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...