Wednesday, January 24, 2018

John Frieda Salon Shape 1 1/2 " Hot Air Brush

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Around October 2017, I bought a hair product from John Frieda through Amazon.

Product Review: John Frieda Salon Shape 1 1/2" Hot Air Brush

Where to purchase: ULTA, Amazon, mass merchandiser, and online at amazon.com
Price: $36.49

Made in China

Description from the website: Salon Shape 1 1/2" Hot Air Brush with Titanium Ceramic Barrel for even heat and frizz-free volume. Spinning Brush with Advanced Ionic Technology releases up to 50% more ions for shiny, frizz-free hair; 2x shine, 3x frizz control.
* Soft nylon bristles for added shine
* Two heat settings plus one cool to lock in all-over fullness and touchable volume
* 500 watts for powerful, quick styling
* Swivel cord for ease of use
Thoughts: The past couple of years I've been trying to balance my hair by having a straight end. The layers were uneven. One end was shorter than the other. Around October of last year, I felt the hair was even and was time to get some volume. I got even layers on both sides. Since I have super duper straight hair, the layers do not show. I tried blow drying my hair but I was handicapped on my left side. Then I read about this product online and decided to get it.
Here's a closer look at the brush from top to bottom.
Here's a closer look at the bristles.
Here's a closer look at the different bristles. Each hole comes with two types of hair brush bristles.
Here's a closer look at the switch. It has three different levels; low heat, high heat, and cool air.
Here's a closer look at the bottom where the cord is. It comes with a swivel cord.
Here's a closer look at the plug.
Here's how my hair looks before the haircut and even before I blow dry my hair. You can see the super duper straight hair with no volume whatsoever. I took this picture from Zaful Crew Neck Graphic Sleeve Sweatshirt in Light Gray.
Here's my hair after using John Frieda Air Brush. You can see the volume at the ends.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is nice. It's well-made and sturdy. I like how simple the brush is. It's shiny silver with gray and purple. The colors are pretty. I also believe I have an older version than what is sold online. With that said, the handle is nice. It is made out of plastic and similar plastic you find in a lot of hair tools. There's no scratches and finger marks. The thickness of the handle is nice and makes it easy to hold onto. It's great for both big and small hands. Not only that, it's great with both right and left hands. I also like that it comes in a swivel cord. I hate when cords get tangled up but that might just be me. I've used this brush for months since I got it and it hasn't once tangled up. Secondly, one of the reason I got this brush is the switch. One of the comments I read on Amazon, the customer mentioned that she curls the hair with high heat then set it to cool to set the curl. I though that was a genius idea. I know little things make me happy. It is true but I found it difficult to do. I'm such a lazy person. I realized the setting is made for someone who isn't as lazy as myself. Basically every single time I curl my hair, I forget about the multiple settings. I just curl on high heat and that's the end of it. I did remember once or twice during the several months of using this product to set it in cool heat. The bad thing was it was only one strand on one side of the head and another strand on the other. I would forget the rest of my hair. Third and the most important factor is the brush itself. If you're looking for a brush that rotates, this isn't it. It's a normal brush that produces heat. Basically, I see it as a tool to eliminate holding multiple products. Before getting this brush, I had to use a round brush and a hair dryer to get the same effect. The issue was that since I'm right handed, it was hard to curl my left side of the head. I was able to hold the hair dryer with my right hand and the round brush with the left. When I had to switch them to do my left side, I was handicapped. The curls at the end was not the same. For that reason, I wanted to get this to eliminate holding multiple hair tools. With that said, it's easy to use. I would hold the curl at the ends for 15 seconds. Then I would release and saw my super duper straight hair with volume. If I can curl the ends of my hair, then anyone can. This is coming from someone who hardly does anything to her hair. Fourth, it's extremely comfortable. I've used this product for several months now. I never noticed any of my hair being pulled. I know some straighteners pull the hair. You will not experience that with this brush. Even though it doesn't pull the hair, I do see loose hair in the brush. It can be kind of messy but that's expected with any brush. All I do is pull the hair out of the brush and it's fixed. It comes out that easily. Fifth, it's travel-friendly. You just carry the brush with the cord. You don't need anything more and it easily fits how you want. You can throw it in your car, bag, and so on. It's great all year round and whenever you need a touch-up. For this reason, I think it'll be great for professional hairstylist. Lastly, I'm glad I bought this brush. I found an alternate then using two tools; brush and blow dryer. On the other hand, I hardly use this product anymore. Since I have super straight hair, the curl doesn't last that long on me even if I use hairspray to set it. I repeat I'm a lazy individual. I usually wash my hairs at night. For that reason, I curl it the night before. When I wake up in the morning, the curl is gone. My hair is back to being straight. If I curl in the morning, it's lasts the whole day but that is extremely rare except for the weekends.

Pros:
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Colors of the packaging is pretty.
* No scratches and finger marks.
* Decent width of the handle; great for big and small hands, and both right and left hands.
* Comes in a swivel cord.
* Comes in multiple settings; low, high, and cool heat.
* Brush does not rotate.
* Eliminate multiple hair tools.
* Easy to use.
* Comfortable.
* Doesn't pull the hair.
* Travel-friendly.
* Great all year round.
* Great for touch-ups.
* Great for professional hairstylists.

Cons:
* Multiple settings is not good for lazy person like myself.
* Brush does not rotate.
* Can be messy with loose hair in the brush.
* The curl doesn't last that long on me.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...