Sunday, December 30, 2012

Born Pretty Butterfly Hairpin

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Born Pretty Store had tons of gorgeous hair accessories. I was fortunate to receive one. It was a tough decision but I decided to get the Crystal Rhinestone Butterfly Hairpin Clip Wedding Bridal.

Product Review: Born Pretty Crystal Rhinestone Butterfly Hairpin Clip Wedding Bridal

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $3.12

Description from the website:
Material: Alloy, Rhinestone
Butterfly Diameter: 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
Thoughts: In all honesty, I was not too sure what to expect. When it comes to hair accessories, I am pretty picky. I look at the overall quality. If they have crystals, I look at the placement. If they're glued on, I look how sturdy it is and so on.
Let me tell you I was pretty impressed when I received the hairpin! The crystals are extremely shiny. I have seen dull crystals in the past. I'm also impressed the prongs are holding the crystals on all four sides, as well as, there aren't any sticky out. When I rub my finger on the crystals, they're all evenly layered. The crystals are really well put together and sturdy!
The back of the butterfly is shiny. There's also no dull stain.
The clip is sturdy enough for a gentle hand. If you bend really hard, it will bend. I don't think it will break.
Initially, I was worried if the clip would open up wider if it keeps going up and down the ball. Now that I've been wearing this for some time, I know it will not.
Here's how the hairpin looks on my hair.

I'm pretty impressed. I wouldn't say I'm blown out impressed, but it's up there. It looks gorgeous on the hair. The only thing I noticed is that after hours it will fall down my straight hair. If you have curly or wavy hair, you do not have to worry. For someone with extremely straight hair that is resistant to curls, it falls down. It doesn't happen quickly but after 30 minutes, I could feel the hairpin on another part of my head. Overall, I have to say I'm happy! :)

Pros:
* Great price.
* Shiny crystals.
* Strong, sturdy prongs.
* One coated piece.
* Great for curly and wavy hairs.
* All occasion hair piece including wedding.

Cons:
* Cannot see in person before ordering.
* Will fall down for straight hair.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchase. I am not affiliated with this store. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

8 comments:

Popblush said...

Wow, that looks really pretty in your hair hun. Great choice!

L e n a said...

very cute!
i have a thing for butterflies.
too bad it looks like the pic will fall off from my straight hair, though. i find plastic pins stay better. ;)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I just adore butterflies and bows. I never grow out of it... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

You do have straight hair just like myself. Yeah, I agree it'll be better with plastic pins but it's cute nevertheless. :)

Alesia Flegka said...

It's realy cute and shiny! I love butterflies)

Elle Sees said...

a little sparkle is perfect every now and again :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I love butterflies too. :)

Ahleessa said...

I agree sparkles are nice. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...