Monday, March 7, 2016

Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.

Please don't forget to enter Stilazzi Eyeshadows and Blush Refills Giveaway. It ends March 8, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been really sick and the healing process has been extremely slow. Even sitting here writing this, I'm not fully better. Anyways, I usually have Manicure Monday but I haven't painted my nails in awhile. For that reason, I will review the base coat from Seche that I've using.

Product Review: Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat

Where to purchase: Sally Beauty and online at seche.com
Price: $6.99 for 14 mL/ 0.5 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat was created after ten years of development to offer a clear base coat for nail polish which will not yellow and will adhere to the natural nail.
Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat. Ethyl Acetate Butyl Acetate Heptane Nitrocellulose Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin Isopropyl Alcohol Polyvinyl Butyral Triphenyl Phosphate Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate Etocrylene Violet 2 (CI 60725)
Thoughts: I actually bought this quite some time ago at Sally Beauty. Since I've had great experience with their top coat (Seche Vite) and thinner (Seche Restore), I thought I'll try their base coat.
Here's a closer look at the base coat.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's really thin in width. I would say it's on the thin side. The length, on the other hand, is the same.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is extremely thin. If the polish is on the thick side, I can understand the brush being thin. I read reviews on Sally Beauty website and a lot of reviewers mention how thick the base coat is. I'm not too sure why because I find it on the thin side. It looks and feels like water when I apply it on my nails. I'm not too sure what I'm missing. For that reason, it doesn't make sense the brush is thin. Plus, I have to dip into the bottle couple of times to get enough coat for each nails. Secondly and with that said, the consistency is on the thin side. It's not extremely thin like water but since it's clear and applies thinly, it looks like water when I apply it. It goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. Of course, there's some shine after you apply the base coat. That's how you can tell you applied the product on the nails. Third, I want to mention quickly about the packaging. I'm not too sure why all Seche products have the same packaging. It makes it difficult to distinguish them apart especially if I own more than one product. If you have both base coat and top coat per se, you need to examine them or else you can use the wrong product. Fourth and when it comes to base coats, you want a sticky texture. The stickiness adheres the polish onto the base coat making the polish last longer. There's no sticky texture with this base coat or at least for me. I'm so confused because my opinion is so different from the reviewers on Sally Beauty website. Majority of reviewers say it has a sticky texture. I'm not too sure if I got a bad batch. With that said, it does protect the nails from staining. Since I've used this base coat, my nail hasn't turned yellow. That's a great thing!. Lastly, I cannot say the polish last longer than any other base coats I have used. It lasts as long as other base coats I have used. Everything is all about combinations of products from strengthener to top coat.

Pros:
* Thin consistency.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* No staining; protects nails.
* Polishes last 4-6 days with this base coat.

Cons:
* Thin brush.
* Need to re-dip couple of times for each nail.
* Can be hard to distinguish the products if you own more than one; same packaging.
* No sticky texture; making the polish not adhere to the base coat.

Would repurchase: I doubt it.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other nail treatment products reviewed/swatches:
Base Coat
Cuticle Treatment
Remover
Strengthener
Thinner
Top Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...