Monday, January 18, 2016

Manicure Monday: Michael Kors in Cabaret

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of last year (2015), Nordstrom Rack had some Michael Kors polishes. I picked one up.

Product Review: Michael Kors Nail Lacquer in Cabaret

Where to purchase: not too sure
Price: $18 for 0.3 fl oz/ 9 mL

Made in France

Thoughts: When I saw the polishes from Michael Kors, I knew I had to pick one up. Before I talk more about the polish, I look through the website and it looks like it was a limited collection. I'm not too sure where you can get these. You can try Nordstrom Rack like I did.
Here's a closer look at the bottle. Just like Butter London, it comes with another top.
Here's a closer look at the color and I have to say it's pretty true!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's a lot thinner in width. I would say this is on the thin side. The length, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Michael Kors in Cabaret, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I found the packaging adorable. I love the gold top. It fits with the brand. On the other hand, I don't know why there's two tops. I feel like it's a waste of material. That's just my opinion. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thick that I have to polish quickly. It's not too thin that it's liquidity. I like the consistency which really helped paint the nails especially with the thin brush. It went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, this is a gorgeous fall/winter color. I love it and fits with my obsession of maroon/wine colors this season. I also love that it barely have sparkles. It's not noticeable with the naked eyes, but it's noticeable when I remove the polish. With that said, it didn't make it hard to remove. Lastly, it lasted four days before I noticed slight chipping at the tips. It's not big chunks of chipping but you do notice the chips.

Pros:
* Gorgeous packaging.
* Medium consistency; not too thick and thin.
* Easy to apply.
* Smooth consistency.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Great fall/winter color.
* Hardly any sparkles.
* Easy to remove.
* Lasted 4 days before slight chipping.

Cons:
* Two tops.
* Thin brush.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...