Friday, October 2, 2015

L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Matte in She's So Matte

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When it comes to pen/ cil forms lip products, I'm a huge fan. When L'Oreal brought back their line, I had to grab some.

Here's the display I found at my local drugstore.
Initially, I bought one from each line (Le Matte and La Lacque). I already review L'Oreal Colour Riche La Lacque in Choco-Lacque. For this post, I will review the Le Matte.
Product Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Matte in #102 She's So Matte

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $9.99 for 0.032 oz/ 900 mg

Made in USA

Description from the website: Velvety Matte or Irresistibly Glossy Pigment-Riche color, perfectly precise.

Introducing Colour Riche Le Matte & La Lacque, the newest format in lipcolor. The sleek, sophisticated pen offers highly pigmented color that glides on effortlessly in one precise stroke. Available in 2 iconic finishes, creamy Matte & smooth Lacquer. Use it anywhere, anytime - it's the newest makeup designer must-have.
Thoughts: If you read my review for the L'Oreal Colour Riche La Lacque in Choco-Lacque, you know how much I love it. For that reason, I was excited to try this!
Here's a closer look at the lip product. It's very true to color!
Here's a swatch of Le Matte in She's So Matte on the left. I compared it to La Lacque in Choco-Lacque on the right.
Here's how She's So Matte looks on me.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has the typical L'Oreal lip product scent. I'm not a huge fan of that smell. I know some people like it or don't mind it. I think it's overwhelming. Thankfully, these don't last that long. I would say it lasts for couple of minutes. I can deal with it. Secondly, it goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. It's extremely creamy. Not only that, it's easy to color the edges of your lips. You don't need to be a professional to use this product. Third and depending on how much you apply, it can look like a matte stain to semi-glossy color. For the picture above, I applied a lot of color. I did noticed as time went on, the glossiness did dry out a bit to look more matte. I also noticed some lines on my lips showing through. Compared to La Lacque, I like this a little bit less. I definitely preferred the La Lacque especially on my dry lips. If you are blessed with normal to hydrated lips, this product is great for you. Lastly, I noticed it lasted until I ate/drank.

Pros:
* Comes in a pen/ cil form.
* Automatic.
* Smell doesn't linger.
* Creamy consistency and texture.
* Doesn't tug on the lips.
* Goes on easily.
* Cannot make a mistake applying.
* Opaque.
* No sparkles/glitters.
* Matte to semi-glossy.
* As time goes on, it dries a bit and the lines show through.
* Great for normal to hydrated lips.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Typical L'Oreal lip scent.
* Lines show through with time.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
Colour Riche La Lacque
Colour Riche La Palette
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes
Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...