Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara in Noir Midnight

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last year around this time, Sephora had a special Summer Starter Kit for Beauty Insiders.
I took advantage of the deal. I already reviewed Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream. I also reviewed Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer that I received long time ago from an event. This Hourglass Primer has SPF 15 and the one I reviewed did not. For this post, I will review the Lancome Mascara.

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, department stores, and online at lancome-usa.com
Price: $28.50 (mine is a sample size, 0.135 fl oz/ 4 mL

Description from the website: Inspired by the natural charm of French women, Lancome unveiled their best-kept secret. This certain "je ne sais quoi," a trait timelessly admired all over the world, is actually hidden in their eyes. For the past 10 years, Hypnose mascaras have lifted, volumized and extended millions of lashes all over the world.

Lancome now adds to this perfect hypnotic look, three matte palettes and five singles that are ideally suited for all skin tones. Luscious lashes are beautifully enhanced by naturally smoky eyes and effortlessly groomed eye brows.

Intense Volume, Curled Lashes.
Get your star lash look with the new dual-sided brush. Lashes are enhanced with a liner effect, looking thick at the lashline, long and luscious through the tips.
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, TIN OXIDE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, SILICA, PHENYL ETHYL ALCOHOL, DISODIUM EDTA, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PANTHENOL, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, PHENOXYETHANOL, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE]
Thoughts: When it comes to mascaras, I tend to try and hope for the best. Sometimes I'm blown away and sometimes I'm disappointed. I just never know until I try them out. So going into this product I did not know what to expect.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's how the mascara looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me. I'm wearing Tat2U Lipstick in Cat Fight. It's a gorgeous color and I love it.
This is an old picture I found wearing the same mascara. This was taken before I changed my hair color to brown. Is it just me but I look like two different people? I never realized hair color makes such a big change on me. :/

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's an interesting shape wand. I never noticed until now. It has a triangle shape but what I found interesting is that the other sides are flat. There's no bristles and I'm not too sure why. Even though the shape is interesting, I found it easy to get to the lash line. With a lot of mascaras, they tend to coat my skin when I try to get close to the lash line. You don't have to worry with this mascara. Secondly, I love that it's not waterproof and it actually holds my curl. That is amazing especially with my straight Asian lashes. The best part is that it's easy to remove at the end of the day. I also love that it gives me volume and lengthens my lashes. It looks like I have pretty lashes. I end up liking this mascara a lot. Lastly, it did not clump and it lasted all day on me.

Pros:
* You can get to the lash line without coating your skin.
* Not waterproof; can easily remove at the end of the day.
* Holds my straight Asian lashes.
* Gives me volume.
* Lengthens my lashes.
* Does not clump.
* Lasts all day.

Cons:
* It can be expensive for a 3 month usage.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

8 comments:

LauraLeia said...

The mascara looks nice and natural on you! :D And totally rocking the lippie, hehe~ Indeed, a change of hair colour can totally change your look. ;)

Elena Dal Maso said...

I know this mascara, it works well also on my lashes. I too appreciate it is not waterproof, so you don't have to work hard on cleansing it. Niece review :)))
Your black hair was delightful...

xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

Phoebe Limanta said...

No way! It holds a curl even though it's not waterproof??!? I'm going to try it for that sole reason!! :O

Ahleessa said...

It held up my curl and made it look longer. I like this mascara a lot. :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! Most people like me with lighter hair color but I do miss my dark hair at times... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I really like this mascara a lot. Who would have thought that I would look so different with different hair color... hehe~

Beatriz Garcia said...

Hmmm the temptations.. the mascara... that holds a curl and not waterproof!!! Must. resist.

Ahleessa said...

I think you already found your holy grail mascara... hehe~ You can definitely resist. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...