Monday, November 14, 2011

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

One of the Beautylish event I attended, I had to look it up on my blog to see when it happened (check out the pictures on the event). It was March of this year. In the swag bag we all received, there was a sample Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I heard good stuff about this primer, but I didn't want to use it until I finished my present primer. I usually use one primer at a time so I do not contaminate the product before fully using it. This time I decided to use this primer and put the summer primer away for now. The reason I changed my primer is the summer primer I was using has a bronze tint. I was using Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer. Since I'm paler during this fall/winter weather, I thought I would put away the bronze tint primer. Now that I've been using the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, I think it's time to review it.

Where can you purchase this: Hourglass website, Sephora, online
Price: $52 for 1.0 fl oz/30 mL (I received 0.16 fl oz/5 mL)

Description on the back: Mineral-based primer with SPF 15 developed to even skin tone and prep skin for flawless makeup application. Clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh, while absorbing excess oils and minimizing enlarged pores.
Ingredients:
My thoughts: In all honesty, I didn't have an initial reaction to this. I just heard it's a good product and didn't think more of it than that. The first thing I did is see the ingredients since it has SPF. I'm allergic to certain chemicals in SPF products, and was stoked to know this product didn't have those active ingredients.

Then I smelled the product. You really cannot smell anything unless you sniff directly at the product. It kind of smells slightly like glue, but it's not noticeable.

One thing I found odd is that it comes with a spatula-like top.
There's nothing wrong with it; it's flat on one side and round on the other.
What I found odd is that the spatula-like top has holes. I'm not too sure what the holes does. If anyone knows, please tell me. I would like to know! I have nothing against the spatula-like top, but I would think it's not sanitary safe. You put it either directly on your face which I don't or on your hand. Then you put it back into the container. I wish they made it more a pump or a squeeze bottle. It'll be more sanitary safe or at least I think so.
Can you see from the picture on the bottom part there's like three round swatch of the primer? That's from the holes. :/ Anyways, here's how the primer looks. Even though it's white, it's blends well onto your skin and does not leave a oil-like residue. It actually makes your face matte and smooth. You can feel the texture while you're putting the primer on. It feels different than your natural skin tone. For that reason, I can see it working. It's covering up your fine lines and imperfection, and preparing your skin for makeup.

Overall, I think it's a great product. It does what it's suppose to which is to prep my skin for makeup. Can I say it lasts all day? I don't know about that since I rub my face pretty often. It does what other primers does, but a little bit better. It covers up my imperfections and it comes with SPF!

Pros:
* Mineral product.
* Comes with SPF; I'm not allergic to the chemicals.
* Fragrance free.
* Oil free.
* Water-resistant.
* Paraben free.
* Smooths your skin preparation for makeup.
* Long-lasting.

Cons:
* Comes with spatula-like top; worry about contamination.

Would repurchase: Maybe, it's kind of expensive.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

ShinyPrettyThings said...

the applicator thing is so interesting! have never seen anything like that before. wow $52 for a primer :O but glad to hear that it works really well & is worth the price. thanks for the review hun! i never pay attn to the hourglass section at sephora. now i wanna go test this out! XD

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the review. I always love a good primer!

tania said...

I'm not sure if they changed the packaging recently or not, but the full size does come with a pump.

Ahleessa said...

tania: I wanted to comment on your blog, but it's empty. For that reason, I'm commenting here. Thank you for commenting and telling me about the full size bottle. That sounds more promising. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...