Friday, May 30, 2014

Make Up For Ever Arty Blossom Palette (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month in April, I visited Make Up For Ever boutique store in Beverly Hills. I think that was the biggest mistake because I ended up buying products I don't need.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I bought an eyeshadow palette, eyeliner/eyeshadow, and lipstick. He was kind enough to give me their newest blush samples. For this post, I will focus on the eyeshadow palette.
Product Review: Make Up For Ever Arty Blossom Palette (LE)

Where to purchase: Make Up For Ever boutique stores
Price: $42 for 8 x 1 g/ 0.03 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the box: The limited edition Arty Blossom palette features eight eye shadows, including six new exclusive shades. Mix and math this range of delicate shades to reinvent color with a subtle pearly glow.
Ingredients:
You can click on the picture to see the full size.
Thoughts: When I went to the boutique store, they had a display for the newest Spring collection. This eyeshadow palette is part of it. Now only was I drawn to the product because it was new and limited edition, the salesperson also told me they only had two left. With my messed up mind, it sold me. :/
Here's how the palette looks inside.
Here's a closer picture of some eyeshadows.
It also came with two brushes. They're actually pretty decent brushes.
Here's a closer picture of the eyeshadow brush.
Here's a closer picture of the eyeliner brush.

Now for the swatches of the palette...
This is the first four left colors from the palette. From left to right; Gold Plum, Metallic Copper, Gold Beige, and Fresh Peach.
The last four colors on the right. From left to right; Fresh Pink, Turquoise Blue, Gold Green, and Pearly White.

Now for looks I did with this palette...
Look #1:
I wore Gold Beige on the lids, and Metallic Copper for outer v and crease.
Here's the overall look on me.

Look #2:
I have Turquoise Blue on the bottom as a pop of color.
Here's an overall look with my new hair color.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is adorable and small enough to carry with you. With that said, I noticed the top has a rubbery-feel to it. I don't know if it's a good thing because it has a slight stickiness. I noticed if I lay another product on top, it sticks onto the palette. Secondly and this is one of the reasons I bought this palette, the consistency of the eyeshadows are amazing! They are extremely smooth and pigmented. Just a little swipe of eyeshadow with your finger and you can see the opaqueness. I also thought the first three colors from the left would be a great everyday wear. In all honesty, I was kind of disappointed. It doesn't look that orange-y in the palette. When I wear the colors, my skin brings out the orange rather than the brown. It's definitely not an everyday color. For that reason, I cannot see myself grabbing this palette in daily basis. Out of all the colors, I can see myself using the white for my inner corners. Just because I feel this way for myself, it doesn't mean it'll be that way for everyone else. Who knows the color might look better on other skin tones. I just can't seem to pull it off that well. Lastly and with everything said, it's very long lasting. It does not fade and crease.

Pros:
* Limited edition.
* 6 limited edition eyeshadows.
* Cute packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Smooth consistency.
* Pigmented.
* Not extremely powdery.
* Does not fade.
* Does not crease.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Only can be purchase at boutique stores.
* Slight stickiness from the rubbery-feel top.
* Not an everyday color palette.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Make Up For Ever products reviewed/swatch:
HD Blush
HD Foundation
HD Primer
Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

7 comments:

LauraLeia said...

I've never tried any MUFE products, but the palette does look amazing! The colours are so pretty~ <3

Sachi said...

I have never tried their traditional eye shadows. I have one of their loose pigments, it is INSANE. Its the only eye product I have ever used that will stain your skin, it has that much pigment!! This palette has a interesting mix of colors, nice to see both the neutrals along side some brighter colors.

Kim A. said...

Sales people are something! HaHaHa Ahleessa, I probably would've done the same thing. Only 2 left!?! I'll buy It! HaHaHa I've never tried Makeup Forever. Maybe I'll dabble with them next year. I'm not a big eyeshadow girl. My purchase for the year was The Chocolate Palette from Too Faced but that's been about it. I think I want the Naked Palettes by Urban Decay. Colors can be funny. I've seen some shades that look great on others and horrendous on me. It is about skin tone.


http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ahleessa said...

MUFE products are amazing. I love a lot of their products and get excited when new products come out. I hope you get a chance to check them out! :)

Ahleessa said...

Oh wow, the pigment sounds crazy! I don't know if I want to put that on my eyes. :X You don't have to worry with this palette though. It does not stain and the colors are pretty.

Ahleessa said...

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen you with eye makeup. It's not for everyone and whatever fits, go for it. :) Hrmmm~ I don't own the Chocolate palette but UD Naked palettes are great. I guess it does depend on the skin tone.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I tend to go for more brownzy/brown colors on daily basis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...