Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Zim's Max-Freeze Gel

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive another product from Zim's.

Product Review: Zim's Max-Freeze Muscle & Joint Gel

Where to purchase: Walmart, drugstores, and online at zimsusa.com
Price: $9.99 for 4 oz/ 113.4 g

Made in USA

Description from the package: For temporary relief of minor aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with simple backache, arthritis, bruises and sprains.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: Whenever my family and friends talk about how they feel the age, I never understood. For some reason this year 2017, I'm feeling the aches on my body especially on my left arm. It's the area my muscle swelled up when I had a car accident several years ago. I'm not too sure if it's related to that but most likely not. So when I was asked if I wanted to try this product, I said yes.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the gel on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent. I was expecting it to be overwhelming but it isn't that bad. It does smell like the Chinese medicine Tiger Balm or specially menthol. It only lasted for a minute or two. I just sniffed the product and it does smell like Tiger Balm. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It comes in a sturdy tube and it's sanitary-safe. The design is simple and just clean looking. With that said, it comes with a sturdy opening/closure. It makes a clicking noise when you open and close, as well as, you can feel the slight push. I cannot see it open unless you open manually. I also cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, it is a gel-like consistency. When you squeeze the product onto your hand, you see a gel and the area it touches it melts. Once the area has some gel, it doesn't melt anymore. I find that pretty interesting. With that said, it's easy to apply. I just massage around the area that needs temporary relief. It quickly absorbs into the skin within seconds. Once applied, there's no stickiness or grease. It leaves a nice, smooth texture. While it's working its magic, it has a cooling sensation. Not in the tingling sensation, but the refreshing cool. It feels like aloe without the stickiness. I like the cooling sensation especially during this hot weather. Lastly and before I talk more about this product, let me tell you what aches I have been getting. It's mostly on my left elbow. That's the area that my muscle bruised up when I got into a car accident several years ago. I had an x-ray done and basically was told nothing was broken. My muscles just swelled up and it will go away eventually. End of last year 2016, I was helping my dad shovel. Let me tell you I have never shovel before. I pulled that exact area from the car accident. Since shoveling it has gotten better, but not 100% where I was before. It mostly hurts when I hold something heavy on my left arm and when I'm in kick boxing class. For that reason, I wanted to try this product especially when I exercise. I want to give my all not a little bit. It helps out temporary but it's not a healer. I knew that going into this and I like what this is made for.

Pros:
* Slight scent; does smell like menthol.
* Sturdy tube.
* Sanitary-safe.
* Simple design.
* Sturdy opening/closure; makes a clicking sound.
* Travel-friendly.
* Gel-like consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Quickly absorbs into the skin.
* No stickiness and grease.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Cooling sensation.
* Helps relieve temporarily.
* Paraben-free.
* Sulfate-free.

Cons:
* Smells like menthol.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zim's products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...