Monday, December 5, 2016

Manicure Monday: Pixi in No.20

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I don't remember the year I purchased this but it was during Sassy City Chicks. Sassy City Chicks happens once a year where you shop. The year I went Pixi was there and they had an extraordinary sale. I bought several things including this polish.
This is Pixi in No.20. Unfortunately, I cannot find it on the website but you can check out Pixi's other polishes. Since I did a thorough review of Pixi in Wakeup Wisteria, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the ingredients. Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the color and I have to say it's pretty true!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. I would consider it on the thin side when it comes to width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 2 coats of Pixi in No.20, and then topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is thin and short. It's not my type of brush but actually, I did not have a problem painting around my cuticles and sides. I did have to paint couple more strokes on each nails than I like but it was alright. I just scoop more polish than I normally do. Secondly, the consistency is medium. It didn't get thick while painting. I was able to take my time while painting. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, it's a gorgeous red color with a lot of small flecks of glitters. If you're not a fan of glitters, this might not be for you. I don't like medium to big glitters but I don't mind small ones. I think they're gorgeous and looks holographic. With that said, it's a great winter color. It's perfect for the holidays and the parties. Lastly, I noticed slight shrinkage on the fourth day. Other than that, I didn't see anything more and I wore it for a week. With all glitters, it does take some effort to take off. I just apply cotton with remover on each nails slighter longer than normal. It soaks the polish to help remove better.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Pixi products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...