Friday, July 15, 2016

NARS Lip Cover in Overheated, Under Cover Summer Collection 2016 (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I attended an event held by Allure and NARS several weeks ago in June (2016).

I took this picture from my Instagram. I purchased four NARS products and they gave me the magazine.
Here's a closer look at the Lip Cover I purchased. For this post, I will review the one on the right.
Product Review: NARS Lip Cover in Overheated

Where to purchase: NARS and online at narscosmetics.com
Price: $28 for 0.22 oz/ 6 mL

Made in Italy

Description from the website:
* High pigment liquid lipstick. High fashion effect.
* Lip Cover delivers saturated slicks of coastal color steeped in exclusivity and ease.
* Rich and lustrous. Luminous finish.
* Limited edition. Under Cover, Summer 2016 Color Collection.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: At the event, I was telling the makeup artist I've been obsessed with liquid lipsticks. Then she told me NARS came out with some for a short time.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's a swatch of the liquid lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the liquid lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Memebox Pony Shine Easy Glam Eyeshadow Palette 1 on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent. I just sniffed the product and I still don't smell anything. Secondly, it has a cute box packaging. I saw on YouTube so many YouTubers mention the cute packaging. I agree the box is cute but on the other hand, I wish it was on the bottle itself. I don't know if I'm the only one who throws the box away as soon as I review them on my blog. I don't see a point of keeping the box. It just occupies space in my room which I don't need. My room is as mess as it is and an extra box doesn't help. That's a different story! Third, the consistency is creamy not liquidity. It doesn't feel like liquid lipsticks. Liquid lipsticks has that liquidity feel which this Lip Cover doesn't. It feels more of a creamy lipstick in a tube form. With that said, it glides on and there's no tugging involved. It's also pigmented and one dip in the tube is good enough for one usage. Since it comes with a wand, it makes outlining the lip easier than lipstick or at least for me. Fourth, it does not dry matte like liquid lipsticks where it's completely dried and does not rub off. It does dry slightly matte but there's some shine/glossiness or the description says a luminous finish. If you don't like the deep and fine lines that most liquid lipsticks leave, this might be for you. Just know it doesn't completely dry off to the point it doesn't rub off. Fifth, the color is gorgeous! It makes a great color all year round but I can see myself wearing this during the fall/winter season. Lastly, it lasts until I eat/drink or rub off with a tissue. This is a good lip product but if you're looking for a liquid lipstick that lasts all day, this isn't it.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent whatsoever.
* Cute box packaging.
* Comes with a wand.
* Creamy consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Glides on.
* No tugging involved.
* Opaque.
* Do not have to re-dip.
* Luminous finish.
* Gorgeous color!
* Lasts until I eat/drink.

Cons:
* Limited edition.
* Wish the cute packaging was on the bottle itself.
* Not liquidity.
* Does not dry completely matte.
* Rubs off.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NARS products reviewed/swatch:
Contour Blush
Matte Multiple
Nail Polish
Stain Lip Pencil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...